X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon Perkins
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Attachments missing, but not really

Hello, I was trying to rebuild my attachments but it keeps giving me error messages (attachment not found) I recently moved my server from a shared host to a VPS. I've checked the attachments and found them on my site.

Any idea what can be causing this ?
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

Is the attachment path set correctly in the attachment storage type?
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• Brandon Perkins
      • Jan 2012
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by snakes1100
      Is the attachment path set correctly in the attachment storage type?
      Its set to go into my database

Comment

• Brandon Perkins
        • Jan 2012
        • 4.1.x

Okay. this is what i did to remedy the problem. I created an attachment folder CHMOD 777 and directed the site to transfer the attachments to that directory

For some reason, it wasnt processing the images inside the database after the move.

I am having trouble making thumbnails though now. It just keeps displaying the Full-Size images on the threads for some reason even after rebuilding attachments
        Last edited by Brandon Perkins; Wed 18 Jan '12, 7:23am.

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

I suggest moving the attachments to files.

Comment

• Brandon Perkins
            • Jan 2012
            • 4.1.x

I've already done that I believe. I went to ACP > ATTACHMENTS > ATTACHMENT STORAGE TYPE > MOVE TO DIRECTORY

Specified the directory, and transferred them from the Database to a Folder I changed to CHMOD 777. Transferred successfully.

I also went to the ACP > MAINT > REPAIR/OPTIMIZE TABLES and Optimized the Attachments Table.

The problem I am having now is that the only some of the images are Showing up as Thumbnails.

If the user uses the [ img ] tag to a photobucket account or something is it supposed to automatically resize the images? Or do I have to do something special to resize these as well

Comment

• Andy
              • Jan 2002
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Brandon Perkins
              If the user uses the [ img ] tag to a photobucket account or something is it supposed to automatically resize the images? Or do I have to do something special to resize these as well
              Those will remain as large images and will not be shown as thumbnails.

Comment

• Brandon Perkins
                • Jan 2012
                • 4.1.x

is there any way to change the Default Thumbnail viewer to a different one? I really like this Highslide viewer, but it only works sometimes

Comment