• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscott
    • May 2014
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] New User Awaiting Moderation E-mail not working

New User Awaiting Moderation E-mail not working

I am just setting up our new forum. A previous employee installed the software and got it running. I am now trying to set it up so we can start subscribing users. I want admins to validate the users that register. When I log in as my admin account I can see users in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation list. After the user responds to the activation e-mail I can see them in the Users Awaiting Moderation list. But, I never receive notification to my admin e-mail account that the user is awaiting Moderation.

Versions are:
    bBulletin 4.2.2 Patch 1
    PHP 5.4.27
    MySQL 5.5.37

My Setup is:
    Under
    adminCP -> Options -> User Registration Options
    I have
    Moderate New Members
    set to YES
    I have two valid admin e-mail addresses (space delimited) in the
    Email Address to Notify About New Members

When I register a new account it sends the new user a registration e-mail but does not send a notification to either admin e-mail address.
    How do I get this to work?

Tests I've tried:
    When I tried
    adminCP -> Diagnostics -> Email test
    it worked

When I tried
    adminCP -> Users -> Send Email to Users
    did not work.

Thanks in advance.
    Keith

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You can only have ONE email in "Email Address to Notify About New Members". Anything else will be invalid and will break the outgoing email.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• kscott
      • May 2014
      • 4.2.X

OK, I took out the second e-mail address and triple checked that the on in the blank is correct with no leading or trailing spaces. The admin e-mail account is still not getting the notification. I waited > 10 minutes just in case the e-mail batching was taking a while. Still not joy.

Comment

• kscott
        • May 2014
        • 4.2.X

Update - Still not working. I also notice now that moderators and administrators are not receiving notification of new posts even though they are supposed to. We can't go live with the forum until this gets working.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

AdminCP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Email test

Send an email to a local, and remote domain, what errors, if any occur?
          If no errors occur, did you get the email?

Comment

• Syxguns
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
            You can only have ONE email in "Email Address to Notify About New Members". Anything else will be invalid and will break the outgoing email.
            Mark, I'm pretty sure that you are wrong there. You just have to separate multiple with a space. Example [email protected] [email protected]

Email Address to Notify About New Members If you would like one or more people to be notified when a new user registers, enter their email address(es), separated by spaces, in this field.
            I haven't tested it yet.

Comment

• kscott
              • May 2014
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
              AdminCP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Email test

Send an email to a local, and remote domain, what errors, if any occur?
              If no errors occur, did you get the email?
              I just tried that test again. I tried 6 users at 4 domains. So far only one of the domains has received the test e-mail even though all of the accounts work. No errors were reported in the test.

Comment

• kscott
                • May 2014
                • 4.2.X

OK, I've got it working. The trick was to note use the default PHP mail. I set it up to use an smtp relay and now all the mail seems to be going through. It wasn't clear that this was required but apparently it is.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by kscott
                  OK, I've got it working. The trick was to note use the default PHP mail. I set it up to use an smtp relay and now all the mail seems to be going through. It wasn't clear that this was required but apparently it is.
                  It's not expressly required - most setups will work with PHP mail. If not then what you've done is an option, yes.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment