Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carsafety
    • Jan 2003

[Forum] Scheduled tasks not running

I have a stock vB 4.1.9 forum currently using default template with no hacks as it is under development and not yet public. I have a single plugin (ReviewPost integration).

Recently, I moved hosts for both the 4.1.9 forum and an active 3.8.7 forum as well. To make a long story short, in the process there turned out to be a server time issue that was affecting scheduled tasks with my active 3.8.7 forum. It was resolved yesterday. I then went to verify everything was working on the 4.1.9 forum and it seems that the scheduled tasks may not be running, and may not have run at all since I started it in October. Most tasks, hourly, daily or weekly show a "Next Time" of 10/31/11 or 11/1/11. I tried to click "Run Now" to see if that would reset them, but it has no effect. Same for trying to change the time setting for the tasks and for disabling all tasks and re-enabling them. I've also tried disabling all plugins, which is basically the one I have plus the integrated ones like blog and CMS.

If I check the logs, it looks like they mostly ran through October 8th (I think these are may be from before upgrading to 4.1.9), then only a few on Oct 31st, then nothing until one of the those I ran manually yesterday (some others I ran manually do not appear in the logs).

I'm wondering if this could be unrelated to the server move, but perhaps related to upgrading from my 3.8.7 database in order to retain user login information? Maybe some setting or template or something that affects all tasks was changed or corrupted?

Any ideas where to start?
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

Near the bottom of the footer template there should be something like this:

Code:
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    {vb:raw cronimage}

So you could make sure that's still in your styles.

Comment

• Carsafety
      • Jan 2003

Yes I see it in all styles, the main style (vb default still), a daughter style that is under development and the imported vBulletin 4 mobile style. Here's how it looks in the default main style:

Code:
      <div id="footer_copyright" class="shade footer_copyright">
      	<!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->
      	{vb:rawphrase powered_by_vbulletin}
      	<!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->	
      </div>
      <div id="footer_morecopyright" class="shade footer_morecopyright">
      	{vb:raw cronimage}
      	{vb:raw vboptions.copyrighttext}
      </div>
      {vb:raw ad_location.ad_footer_end} 
      <vb:if condition="$vboptions['enablefacebookconnect']">
      	{vb:raw facebook_footer}
      </vb:if>
      </div>

Comment

• kh99
        • Aug 2009

Hmm...I don't suppose you have something altering image caching, like in a .htaccess file or something?

Comment

• Carsafety
          • Jan 2003

There is an htaccess file, written by my previous provider so this is the first time I've looked at it. I don't have any idea about the symlinks or rewriteengine, but the others look like basic stuff?

Options +FollowSymlinks
          RewriteEngine on
          rewritecond %{http_host} ^mysite.com [nc]
          rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.mysite.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

Funny thing is, my active vB 3.8.7 site clearly has some htaccess file stuff related to image caching, even though it is commented out. This one didn't have any of that stuff, just the four lines you see.

Anything else to look for? I suppose it's quite possible something done in a file written by the previous host is not compatible with the new host, but I have no idea where to look.

Comment

• Carsafety
            • Jan 2003

Actually, since it appears the scheduled tasks were not even working right at the old host, I guess it could be anything.

Comment

• kh99
              • Aug 2009

Well, looking at the code it looks like the time gets added on the end of the request as a parameter, so image caching probably isn't an issue. Maybe someone else will have a good idea

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...