X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loony BoB
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Test environment on an external domain

I own eyesonff.net and eyesonff.com - I use eyesonff.net as an environment that my staff can access for testing and also as a place where we can upload things regularly such as images/chatstats (to be honest, ChatStats are basically all it has been used for thus far). Recently I installed a plugin from DragonByte Tech and it doesn't seem to function correctly. DBTech couldn't replicate the issue at their end, so they have asked for admin access and FTP access. All five of the tech admins/devs on my end have basically advised me NOT to allow third parties into our database. With this in mind, I'd like to set up a test environment on eyesonff.net (our main forums/CMS are hosted on eyesonff.com) which my tech guys suggest is a much better option. Can you please advise if, provided it is only for temporary use and is password protected etc, we are able to set up our test environment on this different domain while DBTech debug this problem?
    Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - An Online Community of Final Fantasy Fans
    Eyes on Final Fantasy (Site) - The Most In-Depth Final Fantasy Site Online
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Yes, I believe as long as it's password protected ie not open to the public you are allowed a test site on another domain.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...