X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

[CMS] Permissions for section and articles

I'm wanting to control permissions in the CMS area for sections and content/article but cannot seem to get them to work how I want. If I select a group it seems to filter down for everything, when I look at the permissions for anything, said group is selected for everything. It's been a while since I set it up but sure you could achieve what I require.

Any pointers?

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What are you trying to accomplish?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sparky
      • Dec 2005
      • 4.2.x

I'm trying to control what groups can read/comment for sections/articles

E.g. I have a section that I might not want some groups to see, I might have a section that I want groups to see but not the article or I might have a section that I want members to be able to comment on articles.

In the CMS section, if I tick the upper most one as read only for a group, it seems to filter that setting down to everything (although it does not place a tick under all sub sections). There doesn't seem to be any logic

EDIT - Since my CMS is the default loaded page, I've had to remove all permission for registered users because there are items I want to remove from visibility until this is sorted!
      Last edited by sparky; Tue 6 May '14, 11:39pm.

Comment

• sparky
        • Dec 2005
        • 4.2.x

Any chance of some help with this please!

Comment

• sparky
          • Dec 2005
          • 4.2.x

It's now Friday and I'm no further and no update from support. I've tried clearing the cache but that makes no difference.

Comment

• sparky
            • Dec 2005
            • 4.2.x

I still cannot get these permissions to work, only thing that does is setting access at top level that filters down. If I remove read only access at top level and set it below, it does nothing.

Comment

• sparky
              • Dec 2005
              • 4.2.x

Cracked it, my persistence paid off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...