Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe1989
    • Apr 2008

Who can see post edit history?

Where are permissions to manage who can view post edit history? I see the permission in the usergroup manager 'Show edited by note on edited messages' but my understanding is that will simply display 'edited by xxx' if they edit a message. I'm curious to know who can actually see post edit history. I keep edit history for the purposes of monitoring how people edit posts (especially how moderators edit posts from others) in the event a complaint comes up that we are unnecessarily editing posts, etc. My concern though is can everyone view the edit history? If so, that defeats the purpose of editing/moderating posts with offensive content, if anyone can see the original post -- right? How can I set it so only, for example, moderators and admins can see the edit history?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If the option is enabled, then anyone can view them. If an admin usergroup doesn't have the option "Show edited by note on edited messages?" set to Yes for the forum, then their edits won't be 'saved' and won't show in the edit history.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...