X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dogecity
    • Mar 2010
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Site Performs Irractically

I recently upgraded to Vb4 , site seems to run great one min than the next hangs up on page connects which seems like forever. Really bad with the "New Posts" tab but overall bad off and on. But then it could be like 2 mins later and all is fine. Been like this since the upgrade and is the same server I was using with VB3

I have been keeping an eye on server load and trying to see if there is a pattern of poor performance during higher server loads and it seems to work bad at times even when server load is low in the low single digits..I have tried disabling all plugins and hacks to see if that would make a difference and still the same and we are talking at times with under 20 people on line.

I know there used to be a server optimization forum so maybe I am posting in the wrong section but is there any recommended server settings or MySQL settings that I could forward to host? Is there anything else that could cause the site to fly one min and practically be at a stand still the next apart from the obvious "too much server load' from other sites that maybe on the same server as me?

Here is the server spec's, is there any recommendations / settings I could forward to host that may improve performance?

Welcome to the vBulletin Admin Control Panel
    Server Type Linux ]
    Web Server Apache v2.0.63 (cgi)
    PHP 5.2.17
    PHP Max Post Size 8.00 MB
    PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB
    PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB
    MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard
    MySQL Packet Size 16.00 MB

Any help would be appreciated it is becoming very frustrating..
  • dogecity
    • Mar 2010
    • 3.8.x

I apologize I see now I posted this in the wrong section..I will post in the server configuration section..

Comment