How to solve the redirection to myfilestore.com

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone Head
    • Sep 2000

Am I missing something here? Is there no one prepared to maybe help me out here?
    Ive been a customer of Vbulletin for nearly 15 years Ive asked for help maybe 3 or 4 times, do I need to start a new thread perhaps?
    Batter Late than ....... pregnant

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Have you done everything suggested in the thread? Starting with disabling your plugins. Do you have VBSEO?

Comment

• Bone Head
        • Sep 2000

Hi
        Yes, I disabled all plugins, no I dont have VBSEO. Like I said before I was working my way through the list of things to do to secure your site. The thing I am stuck with right now is the bit I posted about with the index.php and forum.php not looking right as I posted before. I have replaced them with new ones downloaded from this site but they still show as being wrong.

Could it be something in the database perhaps?

Right now I cant get it to redirect me to the wrong site, however it was like that too about two weeks ago after I had updated everything so I thought it was fixed.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Bone Head
          • Sep 2000

The plugins I have installed are:
          Forum runnrer v4.2.2
          Clowhost -spam-O-matic 2.1.2
          Lance for hire LLC- Bot Blocker 1.2
          Panjo 4.2.2
          Post Release 4.2.2
          reCaptcha!vb 1.1 (not sure if I still need this its probably left over from some years back (its disabled anyhow)
          Skin Links 4.2.2
          Tapatalk 5.4.1
          VBSTopforumSpam 0.61
          VSa Paypal Donate 5.0.3

The database for this forum has been in use since 2000, Ive just kept updating VB over the years, im not sure if this means there could be stuff in there which could be causing trouble.

Comment

• donald1234
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.1.x

It is almost always a compromised plugin that causes this sort of redirection, often people don't update their plugins often enough and if you say it is not redirecting with them disabled? It is just a case of finding out which one is the culprit, I think the only way to do that is by disabling them one by one.

The php files are a different issue are you sure they are from the same vbulletin version as what you are using?

Comment

• Bone Head
              • Sep 2000

Well I have most of them turned off now so hopefully......

Regarding forum.php and index.php they are from the 4.2.2 patch level 4 zip i downloaded. I have overwritten them twice to see if it fixes it but no.

Comment

• donald1234
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Bone Head

Regarding forum.php and index.php they are from the 4.2.2 patch level 4 zip i downloaded. I have overwritten them twice to see if it fixes it but no.
                I take it you are on that version? If so try deleting those 2 files before uploading them just in case there is anything bad in there that is not getting overwritten.

It is often the security patches that makes the software think the files are different, I am not sure if they files are patched or not though.

Edit: Nah it's just forumdisplay.php and login.php that are patched.
                Last edited by donald1234; Wed 11 Feb '15, 5:02am.

Comment

• Bone Head
                  • Sep 2000

Yes im using the same version. Ive deleted them and re uploaded them again with no luck. Still showing up as being suspect.
                  Does anyone know at which point the files are checked is it before the PHP is run on the server or after, as in could it be something from the databse that is being included?

Comment

• gsk8
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 4.2.x

So I'm having the same problem. No new plugins, changed pass, deleted old files, etc. I contacted my server folks and here is what they said (below). I've followed the instructions, and it seems to have worked. At least for now? Will post here if I learn more.

Fix vBulletin 4.xx Filestore123 Hack

This was initially a vBSEO problem and the fix is well documented. The problem has more recently returned due to Yahoo dropping support for their Yahoo interface. New versions of vBulletin, both 4 and 5 are shipping with an empty uploader.swf file.
                    To fix the redirect using vBulletin’s solution simply;
                    1. Locate uploader.swf (vB4.xx - clientscript/yui/uploader/assets orin 5.xx- /core/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets)
                    2. Open and delete file contents. Save.
                    3. In admincp go to plugin manager and disable then re-enable a plugin. This clears the forum cache.
                    4. Test using an a fresh incognito browser window
                    Just a note that I always had "google" in admincp > Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization, but not sure if that means anything
                    Last edited by gsk8; Wed 11 Feb '15, 11:18am.
                    Paula

Comment

• donald1234
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by gsk8
                      So I'm having the same problem. No new plugins, changed pass, deleted old files, etc. I contacted my server folks and here is what they said (below). I've followed the instructions, and it seems to have worked. At least for now? Will post here if I learn more.

Fix vBulletin 4.xx Filestore123 Hack

This was initially a vBSEO problem and the fix is well documented. The problem has more recently returned due to Yahoo dropping support for their Yahoo interface. New versions of vBulletin, both 4 and 5 are shipping with an empty uploader.swf file.
                      To fix the redirect using vBulletin’s solution simply;
                      1. Locate uploader.swf (vB4.xx - clientscript/yui/uploader/assets orin 5.xx- /core/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets)
                      2. Open and delete file contents. Save.
                      3. In admincp go to plugin manager and disable then re-enable a plugin. This clears the forum cache.
                      4. Test using an a fresh incognito browser window

Just a note that I always had "google" in admincp > Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization, but not sure if that means anything for the
                      I am sure that was patched back in about PL2

Comment

• gsk8
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 4.2.x

It was the only thing that worked for me. Since I deleted the .swf in /uploader/assets/, I've been redirect free.
                        Paula

Comment

• donald1234
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 4.1.x

Comment

• Bone Head
                            • Sep 2000

Ive never used vBseo, im still hoping that someone can explain what the issue is with the two php files that are showing up as suspect.

Comment

• Bone Head
                              • Sep 2000

Time to start a new thread I think.

Comment

• stevectaylor
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 3.6.x

Can someone advise if "Add JS to Headinclude" is part of the VBblog product plugin?
                                Holiday Forum
                                Motor Car Forum
                                Political Forum
                                Web Hosting Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...