Move login and password to different location in header?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watty005
    • Jun 2010

[Forum] Move login and password to different location in header?

Is it possible to move the login/password area in the default vb4 skin header from the right where it is now and possibly move it more left or even to the center?

hope someone can help?
  • RichieBoy67
    • Mar 2004

I have been working on this too. It is toplinks,nouser css but I have had a hard time getting it worked out. The issue is that I have a banner on the right side. It looks fine when logged in but when guests view the site they see the registration pop up block. Apparently I am missing something here because this seems like it should be very simple.

Thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The DIV is positioned absolutely with its right edge set to {vb:stylevar right}:{vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}*2}; You can move it around by adjusting the margins on the .toplinks class in your additional.css or by overwriting the right edge.

Move it to the left:
      Code:
      .toplinks {
      margin-right: 100px;
      }
      Move it down:
      Code:
      .toplinks {
      margin-top: 25px;
      }
      Set the right edge to 400 px:
      Code:
      .toplinks {
      {vb:stylevar right}: 400px;
      }
      You can see the full definition of .toplinks in your vbulletin-chrome.css template. However any changes should be made in additional.css using formats like the examples above. It is loaded last and won't be overwritten on upgrades.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• K!nG
        • Nov 2010
        • 4.2.X

Hi,

Sorry if i am not suppose to post my question in here, but i been searching from past 2 hours and this was something closest to what i was looking for. I wanted to move it down where vb search bar is or even below that where communities menu etc are. See attached screenshot for reference please. If someone can tell me exact code i need to move from what template to what template ?? I tried above codes by wayne, but after it goes down to certain point, it disappears.

thanks in advance for help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...