If I disable the CMS, I'll lose attachment?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daimpa
    • May 2013
    • 4.2.X

If I disable the CMS, I'll lose attachment?

Hello, I've a question for you. What happens to existing CMS attachment if I disable the CMS? I'll lose them, or they'll still be reachable?
    Also, what happens to existing articles? They'll be deleted from the database? Or they'll simply be not readable by users?

Thanks!
  • excessiveforce
    • Sep 2012

It just becomes inaccessible until you turn them back on if you are doing it through the products manager or plugin manager

Comment

• daimpa
      • May 2013
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by excessiveforce
      It just becomes inaccessible until you turn them back on if you are doing it through the products manager or plugin manager
      Are you speaking only about cms articles, or also about cms images? If you're speaking also about images attached to the articles, is there any way to keep them accesible? I need the images, but I must hide the articles :/

Comment

• excessiveforce
        • Sep 2012

If you turn off the CMS in the product manager or plugin manager the entire CMS tab is no longer generated. So when I turn it off on my forum I only end up with the forum tab and the activity stream tab. When I turn the CMS on the tab returns and all the content is available again. It doesn't change the content only the functionality.

Are the images you are talking about embedded in the articles?

Comment

• daimpa
          • May 2013
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by excessiveforce
          If you turn off the CMS in the product manager or plugin manager the entire CMS tab is no longer generated. So when I turn it off on my forum I only end up with the forum tab and the activity stream tab. When I turn the CMS on the tab returns and all the content is available again. It doesn't change the content only the functionality.

Are the images you are talking about embedded in the articles?
          Yes, images are attached in the articles. I mean, if I copy the link of the attachments, they'll be unreachable?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If you disable it, you won't lose any content. It just won't be available for viewing. If you uninstall, you'll lose content.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• daimpa
              • May 2013
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              If you disable it, you won't lose any content. It just won't be available for viewing. If you uninstall, you'll lose content.
              I'll only disable it But is there any way to make images attached to articles still reachable?

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by daimpa
                I'll only disable it But is there any way to make images attached to articles still reachable?
                You should be able to link to them, but they are not exposed anywhere in the interface.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• daimpa
                  • May 2013
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  You should be able to link to them, but they are not exposed anywhere in the interface.
                  Thanks, I just need to embeed them in another website, so I am ok!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...