Facebook Connect not working in vbulletin 4.1.9 (Invalid Certificate Authority)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zartrix
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Facebook Connect not working in vbulletin 4.1.9 (Invalid Certificate Authority)

The facebook connect function not work very well in my 4.1.9 test forum. I get this error "Invalid or no certificate authority found, using bundled information"

This is what i do so far, please let me know if im doing something wrong, or if i forget something:

1) My working forum right now is http://www.durodepintar.com/foro and runs on vb 3.8.x

2) I do a fresh install of vb 4.1.9 and a new vbseo 3.6, and try to do an import from impex from the working forum, but impex change my userid´s, etc so i stop that forum right there. In this forum i created a facebook app and works fine with the facebook connect and this one. I stop using this testforum because a lot of importation issues. The url of this forum is www.durodepintar.com/foronuevo but is not good, and must be deleted after i export some products translations to spanish that i made.

3) I decided to do an upgrade from my working forum (vb 3.8.x) to vb 4.1.9...I do a lot of upgrades (a lot!!! like 5 or 6 and the facebook connect don´t work on any, so i start to deleting things and doing the upgrade more and more clean on each time). In some i not install vbseo, not install any products, not making templates chances, etc... This is my last attempt doing all this steps:

3.1) I did a Backup of FTP and Database from my vb 3.8.2 working forum.
    3.2) I duplicated the working forum with the backups in http://www.durodepintar.com/forotest (i tested, and all looks fine and functional).
    3.3) I stopped the test forum (www.durodepintar.com/forotest) and i deinstalled all the hacks and mods, delete all the files from the desintalled hacks from ftp. Restore all the templates to default and restore the styles to the vb3 default.
    3.4) With all the new forum in default state (and with all the users, threads, etc) i start the upgrade to the 4.1.9 version. All the upgrade was just fine. Without any error of any kind.
    3.5) I performed the recount of forums, threads, caches, etc and correct the forum URL in the options, etc. I look the forum and all works fine and functional). I not install any product, not chance any template, any color, not change anything. I deleted the imported vb3 style, and use only the vb4 default style (i have no template to restore because there´s no changes at all!).
    3.6) At this point i go to general options, and in facebook settings i put all the information from my app. Result = NOT WORKING!!! The same error that i posted earlier in this thread.
    3.7) I deleted my facebook App, and i created a new one (look the uploaded image capture in
    http://www.durodepintar.com/forotest/vbsupport/facebook.jpg. I create the application following the manual of vbulletin.
    3.8) I enabled facebook connect with all the new data and keys in General Options (look in the capture at http://www.durodepintar.com/forotest/vbsupport/Facebookoptions.jpgIn this picture appears as disabled, but i have to do that because the forum is not working if i enabled and im logged at facebook at the same time. I must enter to facebook with a browser and do a log out, then the forum let me login in the AdminCP again without the error.

I don´t remember if in my first test forum (www.durodepintar.com/foronuevo) if i perform some rare step for making the facebook connect to work. But it was working until a few days ago then i delete de app and created again. Right now i read all the information about the facebook connect, read all the post that i founded, read manuals, etc, and yerteday i start a support ticket with vbulletin, but for now i get no response (i put in the ticked that please close, because i will try another clean install... but today i perform two again, and is not working at all).

Please, maybe is a simple error in the facebook app, or something too simple that i don´t see at all. If someone can help me i appreciate a lot!!!
    Sorry for my english, im from Argentina.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by zartrix; Mon 2 Jan '12, 8:08am.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Can't see any of your images as the domain is showing as parked - can you try again please.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• zartrix
      • Jan 2012
      • 4.1.x

Trevor, check again. I forget to renew the domain today. It´s solved right now.

Maybe the refresh may take a few hours...

I been working a lot with the forums, and forget to renew... sad sad and stupid.
      Last edited by zartrix; Mon 2 Jan '12, 7:06am.

Comment

• zartrix
        • Jan 2012
        • 4.1.x

It´s corrected right now. Please try again! And thanks for looking into it.

Comment

• zartrix
          • Jan 2012
          • 4.1.x

any idea??

Comment

• zartrix
            • Jan 2012
            • 4.1.x

Nobody can help me? I submit the support ticket about this issue four days ago... and i get no response.

Comment

• zartrix
              • Jan 2012
              • 4.1.x

Anyone can tell me what is the estimated time for getting support in issues like this using this forum software?

Comment

• zartrix
                • Jan 2012
                • 4.1.x

I recently installed the a new forum, and facebook connect doesn´t work at all again. Same error message. Any idea???
                And two days ago i bought a newly licence of vbulletin and i have the same error... please i need REAL support. Any idea of this kind of errors???

"Invalid or no certificate authority found, using bundled information" When i open the forum (and im logged to facebook already).

Comment

• zartrix
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 4.1.x

Well... finally i founded.
                  For all the people that can´t find the answer for the "Invalid or no certificate authority found, using bundled information" error when enabled the facebook connect platform in vbulletin.
                  And for the people in the Support Team of this software that don´t give an answer to me, they can answer to other people for this fix.
                  This problem occurs in some servers running Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft IIS7 and PHP and is a CURL related error.

The solution:
                  In your Vbulletin FTP go to includes/facebook and edit base_facebook.php
                  Find this :
                  Code:
                     * Default options for curl.
                     */
                    public static $CURL_OPTS = array(
                      CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 10,
                      CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
                      CURLOPT_TIMEOUT        => 60,
                      CURLOPT_USERAGENT      => 'facebook-php-3.1', 
                  );
                  And in the final options add this: "CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,"

The final code will be:
                  Code:
                    /**
                     */
                      CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,
                    );
                  Thanks and i hope that this fix works for other people!

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 6.X

Originally posted by zartrix
                    Well... finally i founded.
                    For all the people that can´t find the answer for the "Invalid or no certificate authority found, using bundled information" error when enabled the facebook connect platform in vbulletin.
                    And for the people in the Support Team of this software that don´t give an answer to me, they can answer to other people for this fix.
                    This problem occurs in some servers running Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft IIS7 and PHP and is a CURL related error.

The solution:
                    In your Vbulletin FTP go to includes/facebook and edit base_facebook.php
                    Find this :
                    Code:
                       */
                    );
                    And in the final options add this: "CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,"

The final code will be:
                    Code:
                      /**
                       */
                        CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,
                      );
                    Thanks and i hope that this fix works for other people!

thanks for the fix, i have that problem but on windows server 2008 Apache server

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

It sounds like your curl doesn't have SSL or the right SSL cert in the files.

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 6.X

Originally posted by Zachery

thank you, I'll look into that.

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 6.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                          thanks zach after reviewing by ssl config files i had wrong files in the folder.All is good now.

thank you for your help..

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Glad you got it resolved

Comment

• shabsta
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
                              thanks zach after reviewing by ssl config files i had wrong files in the folder.All is good now.

thank you for your help..
                              can you advise as to what folders you are referring to?
                              Im running Vbulletin on IIS7 and have just started seeing the same errors after upgrading vbulletin to vBulletin 4.2.0 Patch Level 2

Comment