X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tidefans
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] forumdisplay not displaying correctly after upgrade to 4.1.9

Upgraded to 4.1.9 this morning and somehow it screwed up my forumdisplay pages for all forums. Never have had this happen before. I've gone in and copied the previous code for both the FORUMDISPLAY and forumdisplay.css but nothing changes from how it looks now. Any clues are appreciated on what I should be looking for to change this back to 'normal'!

To summarize, everything is now "stacked" on top of each other instead of distributed proportionately across the row. It should be similar to how threads are on vbulletin.com

thanks in advance. I have attached a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tf_fb_up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3722446
  • tidefans
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

link to the forum

a link to the forum in question so you can see exactly and examine code: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Your stored css looks like it may be broken. Turn off the "store css as files" option and see if it recovers.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• tidefans
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.7.x

Hi PaulM.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. As an FYI, here are a few things I've done and/or noticed:

1) I ran the upgrade from the command line, originally. The ownership of the upgraded CSS files became sudo whereas previously it was admin. I chown to admin for CSS files.

2) At your suggestion, I've turned off store CSS files but no recovery as of yet. Not sure if an old version is in cache, but I've cleared cache on my browser and on vb. When I turned store CSS files back on, The owner became www-data. I've turned it back off until I hear back from you, if possible.

3) I re-ran the upgrade in the browser and no change.

4) One thing I've noticed is when I do a side-by-side comparison in the 'Edit Templates' function for Old vs New templates (for any selected template), the "old" template is properly formatted/structured with indents, etc. while the 'new' is not. This hasn't been the case before today.

Anyway, if you or anyone else have other suggestions I'll try them.

As always, thanks for your help & insight!
        Last edited by tidefans; Thu 29 Dec '11, 5:40am.

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Does your default vb style work ok ?

Comment

• tidefans
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.7.x

Good question. Yes, it is ok: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=29

Obviously it's not a problem in the fundamental / underlying vb code but a styling / template / css issue, so I'll look for changes between the default and customized.

Comment

• tidefans
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.7.x

Just a follow-up that the problem has been found and fixed. a line in threadlist.css had been commented out but the comment close was /* instead of */ . Thanks for the help. Happy New Year!

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Excellent.

Comment