X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottct1
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

How do I remove Signatures?

How do I remove ALL signtures from the registered usergroup. (#2)

I found one query which got rid of all signatures that had URL's in it, it worked but I want to get rid of all signatures for that usergroup.
    UPDATE usertextfield AS ut INNER JOIN user AS u ON ut.userid = u.userid SET signature=NULL WHERE ut.signature LIKE '%url%' AND u.usergroupid = 2;
    Yup I run a BIG Board.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Just turn them off with permissions. You don't have to remove them from the system.

Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Edit the Registered Usergroup and set "Can Use Signatures" to No.

To delete them all though, just remove the "ut.signature LIKE '%url%' AND" part of your query. Without removing the permission, they'll just create new ones though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• scottct1
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

I did that, but the signatures are still showing. Must be cached or something.
      Yup I run a BIG Board.

Comment

• zylstra
        • Aug 2004

My question is essentially the same so I'll ask it here. How do I prevent signatures from appearing? i.e. How where is the setting to toggle $post['signature']?
        Last edited by zylstra; Thu 10 Jul '14, 11:54pm.

Comment

• zylstra
          • Aug 2004

I think I understand now. It's a per user setting, settable by the user in General Settings.

But I do still see the Edit Signature link even though I set "Can Use Signatures" to No. Why is this? I would guess it's the setting for the $show['siglink'] variable.
          Last edited by zylstra; Fri 11 Jul '14, 12:02am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...