X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fwulfers
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Strange Editor behavior

We have been experiencing some strange editor behavior after upgrading to 4.1.8
    • navigation with the cursor keys in the editor window has unpredictable results. Sometimes, the left-arrow causes to navigate away from the page or arrow-up scrolls the page but doesn't move the cursor in the text in the editor.
    • The cursor sometimes disappears
    • When editing a post and going to the Advanced editor window, text looses all its formatting. I first have to switch the editor to Source mode to keep the correct formatting.

Any thoughts or are others experiencing this as well? I mostly use Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
    SaabWorld
  • fwulfers
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.x

I also noticed there is a line break before and after a bullet/numbered list when you compose/edit a post but that disappears in the regular view, as you can see in my previous post. This is also a 4.1.8 "feature".

Click image for larger version

Name:	format.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	3686201
    SaabWorld

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

There are known issues with FireFox and the editor, they are set to be fixed in the upcoming VB 4.1.10 release.

A work-around for now to get the cursor keys working correctly is to switch between editor modes to make sure the code is correctly initialized.

Comment

• fwulfers
        • Jul 2010
        • 4.2.x

Thanks, good to know it's not a problem with our site.
        SaabWorld

Comment

• CozmicShredder
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Are you referring to all the words being bunched up when switching to the Advanced Editor?? Because I been experiencing that as well! Has anyone resolved this issue or has anyone reported this to the VB Team?

Comment

• fwulfers
            • Jul 2010
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by CozmicShredder
            Are you referring to all the words being bunched up when switching to the Advanced Editor?? Because I been experiencing that as well! Has anyone resolved this issue or has anyone reported this to the VB Team?
            Yes, I am experiencing that same problem.
            SaabWorld

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...