X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveGoldman
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Facebook Like Button showing the wrong picture

Hey everyone! I have a fast question here. I understand that the Facebook API uses OpenGraph. I an running VB4.1.8 and I have set the Image URL to the correct location, however when you click like the Facebook API pulls whatever image it finds first (which is incorrect). I have also tried putting the following in AdminCP -> Style Manager -> Style Variable Editor and adding the following <meta property="og:image" content="MyURLToMyImage.jpg" /> to the Facebook_header as well as the Facebook_include and it still shows the wrong image when someones likes the site.

In addition to this if I use the facebook debuggers tools I can see that the correct image is being pulled and displayed. This seems to be a bug with VBulletin and I would love to have someone from support help assist with this issue. There seem to be many posts with no help from anyone.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and or what is wrong here?
    TIA
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveGoldman; Fri 23 Dec '11, 10:34am.
  • DaveGoldman
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

I figured it out and it is a problem with the way VBulletin writes the meta properties in the template. If you copy them from the Open Graph API debugger it will work.
    Last edited by DaveGoldman; Fri 23 Dec '11, 10:45am.

Comment

• tuningmode
      • Sep 2010

could you tell me exactly how you got this working? I'm having issues where it grabs random images and I'd like to have it use images within the thread.

Comment