Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdfontanini
    • Mar 2008

[Forum] Site Hacked

www.coloradoevo.com My Site was hacked about a week ago, no backup copies available from the server hosts as they just updated their software and the only copy is the hacked version. I went and upgraded my site to 4.1.9 from 4.1.5 and installed everything but the site still won't return to its original state. I can't even log into the Admin PanelEvery folder I visit takes me to the same main page.... like a redirectPlease visit my site above and see if you can help me outthanksSteve
    Last edited by sdfontanini; Wed 21 Dec '11, 9:58pm.
    www.coloradoevo.com
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

Check your .htaccess file and index.html file
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• sdfontanini
      • Mar 2008

doesn't look like the .htacess file was changed, and I have no index.html, just php

where are you Steve Machol
      Last edited by sdfontanini; Wed 21 Dec '11, 10:09pm.
      www.coloradoevo.com

Comment

• whitey10tc
        • Jan 2011
        • 4.0.x

Have you tried deleting the index.php and reuploading it. Also check the www or public_html root directory for an index html or php file and delete it as well.
        www.cdmagurus.com
        www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• wda2015
          • May 2001

Hacked by gaza-hacker.com

174.122.69.72 resolves to
          "48.45.7aae.static.theplanet.com"
          Top Level Domain: "theplanet.com"
          Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Boristheblade
            • Mar 2011

Were you running a lot of mods?
            http://www.streamernation.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Here are the steps to check for hacks:

1) Run Suspect File Diagnostics under Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Replace any files not containing the expected contents. Delete any files that are not part of vBulletin and that you can't identify as belonging to your addons.

2) Check the config.php for any suspicious code. It isn't checked by the suspect file diagnostic.

3) Search all templates for iframe tags. They should only appear in the following templates: bbcode_video, editor-ie.css, member.css, stylegenerator.css, vbcms.css, vbulletin.css, help_bbcodes, humanverify_recaptcha, search_common, and search_common_select_type

4) Check all your plugins for rogue include, require, include_once, or require_once code. All files should come from your server and be known to you.

5) Check your plugins for any base64 code. I recommend using against using any plugins or products that include base64 code in them. However some "lite" or branded addons will include this as a means to prevent you from cheating the author. You'll have to make a personal call on these if you use them. This is often a sign of a hacked site.

6) Make sure that your plugins do not include calls to exec(), system(), or pass_thru() or iframes. These are also often signs of a hacked site.

Query for step 4 and 5 -
              SELECT title, phpcode, hookname, product FROM plugin WHERE phpcode LIKE '%base64%' OR phpcode LIKE '%exec%' OR phpcode LIKE '%system%' OR phpcode like '%pass_thru%' OR phpcode like '%iframe%';

7) Run this query: SELECT styleid, title, template FROM template WHERE template LIKE '%base64%' OR template LIKE '%exec%' OR template LIKE '%system%' OR template like '%pass_thru%' OR template like '%iframe%';

It checks the templates for compromising code.

8) Check .htaccess to make sure there are no redirects there. This isn't a vBulletin issue but customers really don't understand that.

After a few quick checks, it looks like a basic template replacement scheme. Step 7 should expose such a scheme.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sdfontanini
                • Mar 2008

I have tried reuploading all my files, as he left a .tar backup in my directory, also tried to upgrade to 419 without sucess
                www.coloradoevo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by sdfontanini
                  I have tried reuploading all my files, as he left a .tar backup in my directory, also tried to upgrade to 419 without sucess
                  Please go through the steps above.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rexxxy
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4.2.X

Have you tried disabling all mods and look for any index.html or ***.html in the root folder

Comment

• sdfontanini
                      • Mar 2008

I can't even access the vbadmin panel. And I've searched for the HTML index file w no luck
                      www.coloradoevo.com

Comment

• rexxxy
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4.2.X

I can't even access the vbadmin panel. And I've searched for the HTML index file w no luck
                        what is it telling you incorrect password? you have tools in your do not upload folder to help you reset the admin password just make sure you delete it when your finish

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

I can access your admincp by adding /admincp to the end of the URL on your customer account. Due to the hack, you'd have to log in and then manually go back to the URL.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sdfontanini
                            • Mar 2008

I get a 404 Error in my browser when I go to www.coloradoevo.com/admincp

This is getting frustrating...

I can not find any index.html files in my root folder, not sure how this thing is working... completely baffled
                            www.coloradoevo.com

Comment

• sdfontanini
                              • Mar 2008

Updated again to 4.1.9 and it looks like I now have access to the AdminCP

But where to go from here???
                              www.coloradoevo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...