"Request exceeded" the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doogie88
    • Nov 2006

"Request exceeded" the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.

Can someone please help me. I can't get any help for this, and I've looked everywhere.
    I'm getting this error over and over:

Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/threads/251-...PM-ET?p=234941
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:11 2014] [error] [client 184.56.xxx.xxx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/threads/251-...7-PM-ET/page33
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:13 2014] [error] [client 24.69.xxx.xxx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/forum.php
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:13 2014] [error] [client 24.69.xxx.xxx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/forum.php
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:15 2014] [error] [client 98.124.5.45] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/forums/2-xxx-Forum
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:16 2014] [error] [client 199.182.204.126] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/threads/251-...7-PM-ET/page29
    [Tue Apr 08 21:59:17 2014] [error] [client 24.69.xxx.xxx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.forumxxx.com/forums/5-Pro...-Minor-Leagues

Here is my htaccess, which I've already changed once. I don't know what else to do

RewriteEngine on

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
    # RewriteBase /forum/

# If you are having problems with the rewrite from content/ to content.php, uncomment this line to turn MultiViews off.
    # Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum
    RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# MVC
    RewriteRule ^(?.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

# Check MVC result
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [R=404,L]
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

What changed that this issue started? Did you upgrade? Move servers? Install a mod? How long had it been working before the problem started?

Comment

• doogie88
      • Nov 2006

I don't know how long it has been going on for. I started getting memory issues with the site, and they emailed me and told me about the errors. I thought maybe I had the wrong .htaccess file so I change it, but I guess that's not the problem.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You need to be able to replicate the issue before we can figure out whats wrong. That isn't a vBulletin error, and the server "running out of memory" isn't overly helpful if they don't tell us what was taking the memory up.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

I would try removing/renaming the .htaccess file and then logging into the Admin CP and make sure you are on Advanced or Basic Friendly URLs instead of mod-rewrite URLs and see if the issue goes away.

Comment

• doogie88
            • Nov 2006

That changes the URLs of every single page though?
            My host said there have been 1500 erros today so far.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by doogie88
              Without direct links so we can see what is happening, you have to eliminate features until the issue disappears and then bring them back one at a time until the issue reoccurs.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• doogie88
                • Nov 2006

My host said they added this to stop the loops:

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

Is this a bad idea, or is this okay?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Should be fine. We try to provide a file that will work on a great majority of servers. However your server provider would know what specific entries they need for their servers.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• donald1234
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Seems to be the cure

Not sure I understand what the cause is though?

Comment

• doogie88
                      • Nov 2006

Okay good enough for me, as long as it doesn't affect the server or search engines.

Comment

• doogie88
                        • Nov 2006

Well that didn't work.
                        From the main forum if you clicked on a forum it would just change the URL but keep you at the main forum homepage.

Comment

• doogie88
                          • Nov 2006

Hello, my host looked into things and he said this is the results of the loop:
                          Code:
                          #RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]
                          He said I need to have it fixed so it doesn't loop. Can someone change it for me? I don't even understand what it means.
                          Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sun 13 Apr '14, 2:17am. Reason: put in code box

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by doogie88
                            But they would actually work. Otherwise I'm unsure what the problem is with your server, but the issue is unique to your server/host setup. That .htaccess file works fine on the vast majority of sites that use it so it's not a problem with the file,

Comment

• doogie88
                              • Nov 2006

This is my second host though. So can't be the server. I don't know what else to do.

Comment