• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clubpromos
    • May 2011
    • 3.8.x

Blank page when switching style ID

Hi,

I recently upgraded from VB 3.8 to 4.2.2 and when I switch the style, I get a blank page with this error message only:
    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: You should be using the time() function instead in ..../forum.php(89) : eval()'d code on line 1
    Now, when I browse back from the blank page, then the new style is in effect surprisingly.

1. I repaired all the tables but it didn't help.
    2. Ultimately I may disable the style and language selection, how do I do that?

I use PHP 5.2.17

Thanks
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Does it still happen with plugins disabled? ..and is the style you are changing to compatible with 4.2.2?

Comment

• clubpromos
      • May 2011
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the quick answer
      It was indeed VBSEO that was causing this issue. I do need VBSEO though as I have not found a plugin that would match 100% my custom URLs.
      Any idea how to remove this issue?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Uninstall VBSEO and use the .htaccess rewrite rules included in the link so your old links don't break-

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

vBSEO is dead... Your version won't work on 4.X. There is a comparable product at the DragonByte Tech site and I believe it is compatible. You can see it here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/produ...ragonbyte-seo/

Please note that we can't provide support for addons.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• clubpromos
            • May 2011
            • 3.8.x

I have tested DBSEO but it doesn't match exactly my custom URLs unfortunately. I tested the Lite version, may have to buy to see if it can be configured exactly the same. Not a done deal from what I see, VBSEO had a lot of features. I so much wish I could bet rid of it...
            Also, my version of VBSEO had no issues with 4.2.1, only 4.2.2 and only with the Style Id's. I didn't noticed other problems but if you are aware of anything else, any help is most welcome.

Comment

• donald1234
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

That seems strange as vb 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 are essentially the same including the styles. The only difference between the two is that 4.2.2 is compatible with PHP 5.4 and as you are on PHP 5.2 that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Have you tried adding the following line to your config.php file under the <?php line:

PHP Code:
                define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment