How to have different layouts in the main preview article CMS and full article ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoDeH1
    • Jan 2008
    • 4.2.X

How to have different layouts in the main preview article CMS and full article ?

Hi @,

I have one big question regarding the CMS.
    I have some articles in the main page of CMS (preview of articles). That main page has a layout. After I click on one of the preview articles I see the full article page and I would like it to have a different layout then the main CMS page.
    I mean that on the main page of the CMS I have some widgets and after I go to the full article I would like those widgets to disappear.

Thanks in advance.

Regards!
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

The layout is per section. So, your main page (section front page on a default install) has a layout and all articles there in have the same layout.
    If you want to have a different layout you have to create a new section with another layout and add the article in.

Last edited by Ramsesx; Tue 20 Dec '11, 1:25pm.

Comment

• DoDeH1
      • Jan 2008
      • 4.2.X

You are right but I will still have the same layout in the main page and in the full article page. What I mean is to have different layout in the preview and different in the full version of the article (the preview one).

Comment

• nakedanvil
        • Mar 2010

Move the article to a section that has the layout you want.

Comment

• DoDeH1
          • Jan 2008
          • 4.2.X

Ok, I will be more precises.

My main CMS page (main section) has an article called "X" and that article is shown as preview (only 120 characters). The main CMS page has a layout called also "X".
          Now if I click in the main CMS page on the article "X" I go to that article which now shows the entire article. The problem is that I want the entire article to have a different layout called "Y".
          Solutions like putting the article into a different section with different layout is not good because the article will not be shown in the main CMS page, or if I choose to show the subsections in the main CMS page also does not solve the problem because I want to see in the main CMS only the main section (not subsections). To show only one subsection in the main page (which should solve my problem) is not possible from what I see.

Any help?

Comment

• DoDeH1
            • Jan 2008
            • 4.2.X

Any help?

Comment

• Riasat
              • Aug 2006

This is not possible without extensive custom coding.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...