X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abqtj
    • Nov 2008

[Forum] quick reply and edit not working after upgrade to 4.1.9

Any ideas?

Attached are two screen shots for what I get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 2.20.09 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	3722395

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 2.20.26 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	3722396
    New Mexico Offroad
  • ru55ian
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

I believe this will resolve your issue: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-after-upgrade

Comment

• abqtj
      • Nov 2008

Got me closer...I have the editing icons there, but no white box to type in (for either QR or Edit).
      New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• abqtj
        • Nov 2008

Any ideas??
        New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• abqtj
          • Nov 2008

help? anyone??
          New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• abqtj
            • Nov 2008

New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• abqtj
              • Nov 2008

OK, I just disabled all Plugins/hooks and now by QR and Editor is working
              New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• guvatara
                • Apr 2007
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ru55ian
                I believe this will resolve your issue: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-after-upgrade
                Originally posted by abqtj
                OK, I just disabled all Plugins/hooks and now by QR and Editor is working
                This not help me

Comment

• abdalla2
                  • May 2010

Same problem

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading a vBulletin install from 4.1.4 to 4.1.7r2, and my test site displays the same issue, no text box to type into. I have copied all of the files back from the installation file, but that does not fix the grey editor. The same problem occurs when all of the plugins are disabled, as well as if I disable products. There are is no mobile default theme, and I have reset the settings to default.

As I have replaced the ckeditor files (javascript, images, and php) from both the installation zip, as well as a default installation (with a working ckeditor), this issue appears to be something stored in the database itself (obviously, that doesn't narrow much down).

I found that if I removed ckeditor.php, then text-only updates/replies work; however this is a huge loss in functionality.

Does anyone have any additional ideas on how to address this issue?

Thanks!

Comment

• abqtj
                    • Nov 2008

For me, I disabled plugins/hooks not individually, but "globally" by going to admincp > settings > options > plugin/hook system and change the selection to NO.

If you haven't tried it that way, you might give it a shot.
                    New Mexico Offroad

Comment

• mickreid
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 4.0.x

I am having this same issue, there is no Quick Reply or text editor in the full reply mode after upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.9

I have tried disabling hooks through the UI and also in config.php, I have made sure my settings are 'None' in Mobile skin options (and the mobile skin isn't default). I have tried creating a new blank style.

Not sure where to go from here.

Comment

• mickreid
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 4.0.x

I have a test site set up here http://www.irebet.com/forum.php

username: cric2k
                        password: password1

I also have issues where the user is showing as 'Array' in the thread information and the Subforums no long show below the parent forum on the forum home page.

Comment

• mickreid
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 4.0.x

Ignore me for the minute, I'm just having a lot of trouble getting my style upgraded.

Comment

• Dippetas
                            • Feb 2010

i have the same problem also as today i decided to make an upgrade from vbulletin 4.0.3 to 4.1.9. Of course this was a complete mess for my styles and for some of my main functions. my templates are a complete mess and and i have no quick reply, i don't care about the templates cause i'll create new ones or even install new ones, but i care for quick reply. is there anyone who has come up with a solution?
                            edit: on top of that i can't connect to my site when i have friendly urls enabled, any ideas on that too?

Comment

• Dippetas
                              • Feb 2010

Ok Guys thank you all, i found the solution on my own. the solution is quite simple and it seems that most of us have products which cause problems, try disabling and re enabling until the problem is solved. in my case image resizer bbr code image resize with lytebox was causing the problem to the editor.

edit: If you have an outdated Lytebox javascript on your site, it would be better for you to install a fresh copy of Lytebox.js. It seems that the outdated javascript causes the quick reply and quick edit to crash.
                              Last edited by Dippetas; Wed 4 Jan '12, 2:30pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...