• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XiTCLUB
    • Jan 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] How can i do this with images ?

Hello,
    I have seen in Google image search that full images are not available to save or download user must have to click on VIEW IMAGE IN FULL SIZE and goes to original website see screen shots for better understanding. i want to know that how can i use this functionality on my vbulletin ??
  • Exclyptic
    • Nov 2011
    • 5.0.X

So what you're looking to do is install hot linking protection. I used to do this in the past but don't any more because it can sometimes come with its own set of problems.

I don't know of any vBulletin plugins you can use to achieve this and I'm also certain vBulletin doesn't come with a built in feature to do it.

I recommend reading through this article, it includes some useful information and hot linking protection, as well as includes some code you may find useful.
    Due to inline linking, the last update of Google Images caused a loss of traffic for most publisher websites. Find out how to get back your visitors by applying a sophisticated hotlinking protection.

Comment

• XiTCLUB
      • Jan 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Exclyptic
      So what you're looking to do is install hot linking protection. I used to do this in the past but don't any more because it can sometimes come with its own set of problems.

I don't know of any vBulletin plugins you can use to achieve this and I'm also certain vBulletin doesn't come with a built in feature to do it.

I recommend reading through this article, it includes some useful information and hot linking protection, as well as includes some code you may find useful.
      I've read this article but its for Nginx server and mostly for WordPress powered websites i tried it but not working for me

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Hmm see if this will help with the watermarking, the hotlinking I've seen many different ways of preventing that some pretty classy too imo so I would simply Google that.

Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Mon 24 Mar '14, 6:52pm.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• IggyP
          • Mar 2012

if you have cpanel theres an easy turn on for hotlink protection...not sure how much that will address what your after, but sometimes its an easy thing was overlooked
          best lucks

Comment

• XiTCLUB
            • Jan 2010
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
            Hmm see if this will help with the watermarking, the hotlinking I've seen many different ways of preventing that some pretty classy too imo so I would simply Google that.

Sorry but this is not what i am looking for in my question, i don't want watermark on images on site. i just want it in google image search inlie frame so users have to click on image to see full image

http://pixabay.com/en/blog/posts/hot...for-google-32/ This is what i am looking fr but its for WordPress and nginx i have apache server running

Comment

• XiTCLUB
              • Jan 2010
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by IggyP
              if you have cpanel theres an easy turn on for hotlink protection...not sure how much that will address what your after, but sometimes its an easy thing was overlooked
              best lucks
              Yes dear i have enabled hotlink protection but that is not doing what i want to do

Comment

• XiTCLUB
                • Jan 2010
                • 4.0.x

Can anyone from staff developers look into this ??

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Its not something in the default software, and its not something we can provide support for at this time as it requires modifications to the software.

Comment

• XiTCLUB
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Its not something in the default software, and its not something we can provide support for at this time as it requires modifications to the software.
                    Than why dont you think on working on this ?? this will recover a lot of traffic of forums that is almost gone due to that change in google image search. and its not that difficult for developers of product

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by XiTCLUB

Than why dont you think on working on this ?? this will recover a lot of traffic of forums that is almost gone due to that change in google image search. and its not that difficult for developers of product
                      In order to have this considered please log a feature request in the Tracker.

I would have to say though, realistically it's not going to be added for vB4. You might stand a chance for vB5 depending on various factors.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• XiTCLUB
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

In order to have this considered please log a feature request in the Tracker.

I would have to say though, realistically it's not going to be added for vB4. You might stand a chance for vB5 depending on various factors.
                        Simply you are saying you cannot modify your own product or you can not provide FREE support. WordPress guys working free and even they have solution for it why cannot a $200+ licensed script have it ?? you have no concern about your community demands ??

Comment

• Final Kaoss
                          • Nov 2006

They never give support for custom coding, that's why we have vbulletin.org. Free and paid requests can be made there.

Comment