X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mario Soto Jr
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Help with Layout Users vs Admin

I have been banging my head trying to figure this out. In The CMS area I have my layout perfect as an administrator but when I log out and view the cms looks different. I don't know if I'm missing a persmission setting I have it all set to read in the cms permissions but they layout looks different. This is the layout when they are logged out
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nonuserlayout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	3722358
    This is the cms layout when I'm logged in as an admin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adminlayout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	3722359

Please help me out I have been scratching my head trying to figure why the layout changes for unregistered and registered users.

I'm using version 4.1.7 patch level 2

Forgot to add this earlier but also when I embed a video using the bb code it shows up fine under the admin user name but under a registered or non registered show just a link instead of a video.

Thanks for the help
    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Soto Jr; Wed 14 Dec '11, 3:45pm.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Check that the sections are published and that the Unregistered/Not Logged In usergroup has permission to view them.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mario Soto Jr
      • Dec 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      Check that the sections are published and that the Unregistered/Not Logged In usergroup has permission to view them.
      Only two sections both published, user group All assigned to read both sections. I wish it was that simple. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Mario Soto Jr
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.1.x

Ok so the only way the content displays properly is if I enable Can Download Attachments
        Then it shows the content correctly. But I don't want attachments files shown, It does show the attachements on "registered" and non registered users. Is there a way to disable this? And I already know if I just uncheck it from the permissions it goes away but the problem is if I do the video won't show up from you tube just a link.

So any wisdom from any of the experienced forum owners would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• nakedanvil
          • Mar 2010

The only difference is the attachments. It looks like it's working correctly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...