• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bailer
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

VBSeo Broke my vb 4.2.2

Hello everyone.

I upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.2.2. Like an idiot I enabled VBSeo.

Now when I try to access admincp I get this error.
    Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 279

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 86

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 129

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 130

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 131

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 132

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php on line 17

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php on line 18

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage:ath() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php on line 26

Is there anything I can do or am I forced to import my database backup and redo everything?

Worst case I see having to re upload 4.1.3 import my DB, then upgrade to 4.2.2 again.

ANY help?

Thanks.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

We can't help with vBSEO itself as it's a third party product. However try the advice in this post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...66#post4000466
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

vbseo is working fine for me.. it depends on what version your using too.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Frankly, anyone who did not already have vBSEO running, would be ill-advised to enable it now. The company no longer exists. It's a dead product.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Bailer
          • Jan 2011
          • 4.1.x

thanks for the advice, I will try that.

Fresh foot what version did you have?

I realize VB staff can't help with vbseo. I am just looking for a way to undo my "enabling" of the product. So i can go back to my shiny new install of 4.2.2

Can i upload my 4.1.3 database then rerun the upgrade.php?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

That won't fix anything. You should either look at uninstalling vBSEO, or migrating to a replacement product.

You can try adding the skip errors line, and enabling plugin compatibility in the Settings > Options > Products & Plugins Settings group As of vBulletin 4.2.2 we’ve stopped suppressing notices and warnings. This is a change from all previous versions of the software.
            In some environments more notices/warnings show than in others. In order to address the issue you just need to add the following line to your config.php file
            define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
            You can see additional information about this change here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

Comment

• vicos
              • Mar 2002

Bailer, You're receiving those warnings because of incompatibilities with the VBSEO PHP and PHP v5.4. You can disable the display of the warnings by adding a line to your config.php (see Zachery's post above). But, like everyone else said, it is a dead, unsupported product. Get rid of it. Instead of starting over, why not just try going into the vB admincp Products and uninstall VBSEO. Then remove all of the vbseo files from the web directory, including the .htaccess. I believe there is a vbseo directory and probably files in admincp and includes. You should be able to use grep/find to get them all.

I just removed mine as part of an upgrade. I found that the uninstall left all of the database mods intact. You can just dump the database schema (do a normal mysqldump like you would for a backup except add --no-data as a switch. Then you can grep the file for 'vbseo' and find all of the fields and tables and remove them. You probably don't have too, but I like to clean up the mess before moving on. Here is what I came up with:

ALTER TABLE `blog`
              DROP `vbseo_likes`;

ALTER TABLE `forum`
              DROP `vbseo_moderaterefbacks`,
              DROP `vbseo_moderatepingbacks`,
              DROP `vbseo_moderatetrackbacks`,
              DROP `vbseo_enable_likes`;

ALTER TABLE `thread`
              DROP `vbseo_linkbacks_no`,
              DROP `vbseo_likes`;

ALTER TABLE `user`
              DROP `vbseo_likes_in`,
              DROP `vbseo_likes_out`,
              DROP `vbseo_likes_unread`;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `vbseo_blacklist`;
              DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `vbseo_likes`;
              DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `vbseo_linkback`;
              DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `vbseo_serviceupdate`;

Comment

• Bailer
                • Jan 2011
                • 4.1.x

Thank you for your help mark and zachary, that at least got me back into my admin cp. Can not thank you fellas enough.

Vicos! I am the same way mate. I will be removing all remnants of vbseo.

Thanks again for

Comment