X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaronp
    • May 2006
    • 4.2.X

Users Getting Stuck in Mobile Style

I am having some problems with users setting their style to the mobile style, then not knowing how to fix it when they get back on their desktop (still displaying mobile style on desktop).

One user reports: "So I logged in on my phone one time and it set the mobile version as default. Now when I try to log in on my laptop or PC it automatically redirects to the mobile site, which sucks. If I log out it redirects to the standard page. The setting are saved to my account name." (FULL THREAD)

I have gone into their profile and reset the forum skin to the desktop one, but I can see how most users (pretty much all users) would not be able to figure this out. For some reason my style switcher in the bottom right appears to be non-functional with no entries)

I have not figured out how they set this in the first place... so I am unable to perfectly duplicate...

Two questions:

1) Is there any way to keep people from mistakenly setting a mobile theme as their default even from desktop browsers?
    2) How can I get the style chooser in the lower right to work again? (see link) I have my desktop theme (Orange theme) as well as Mobile Style Premium and Default Mobile Style enabled in AdminCP... but nothing shows up as selectable in the drop down menu on the front end...?

Any help is appreciated!
    So I logged in on my phone one time and it set the mobile version as default. Now when I try to log in on my laptop or PC it automatically redirects to the mobile site, which sucks. If I log out it redirects to the standard page. The setting are saved to my account name.
  • Seven Skins
    • Sep 2008

For the second query...
    You need to update your footer template to show style chooser options. Your template is outdated.
    vBulletin skins and servcies: www.sevenskins.com
    A to Z Talk: www.atoztalk.com

Comment

• Seven Skins
      • Sep 2008

Read this post: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hreadid=301925
      vBulletin skins and servcies: www.sevenskins.com
      A to Z Talk: www.atoztalk.com

Comment

• aaronp
        • May 2006
        • 4.2.X

Thanks for your help. That appears to have solved the style chooser problem.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Does the user still have the same problem with the updated footer? Do you have other out of date templates? These may need to be updated as well.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aaronp
            • May 2006
            • 4.2.X

I am still waiting to hear back from the user. I sent a pm.

I now only have four templates... Orange Theme (my main, default template), VB4 Default, Mobile Style Premium, and Default Mobile Style

I am not sure what the difference is between the two mobile styles, nor how to make it so vb4 doesnt appear as an option.... I would never want someone to view the forum with the vb4 default style, but dont really want to delete it... just disable would be nice.

As you may have guessed, I dont really 'get' the VB template system...

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

As an administrator you can always view all of the styles. To remove it from user selection you can either edit the style settings, or uncheck the checkbox in the style manager and save the display order.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...