X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Art Andrews
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.0.x

Issue accessing member albums - Google Webmaster 404

We have been getting quite a few 404 errors in Google in regard to our member albums. The 404 always comes from the url : /members/username/albums/.

When I went to check into these links I see that the urls creating an error are due to those users not having an album. When I go to the url, logged in as a member, I get : "
    This user does not have any albums to display." However, if I log out and try to go to the same URL, I get "Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." which Google considers a 404 "Not Found" issue.

The reason this is coming up so often is that we have a small icon in our postbit, linking to a members albums and Google is following those links. However, Google shouldn't get a 404 just because the user hasn't uploaded anything. They still have an albums section... so what gives? Why is this being considered an "Invalid Album" and why is it being treated differently for members vs non-members?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That doesn't look like a normal default vbulletin link (it would be just album.php). Do you have some sort of .htaccess modifying the link.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Art Andrews
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.0.x

Possibly due to vbSEO. Let me check our htaccess and see what I can find.

Originally posted by Lynne
      That doesn't look like a normal default vbulletin link (it would be just album.php). Do you have some sort of .htaccess modifying the link.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...