X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elenna
    • Feb 2007
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] Image Settings Box Doesn't Always Display

We are running 4.2.2. Some of our CMS articles are not displaying the Image Settings box when you double-click on an attached image. For other CMS articles, it does work just fine.

We have removed the image from the article, run the scheduled tasks to completely remove it from the article, and then re-attached it, and the box does not display. The screen briefly greys out like it is going to pop up, but no options display and the focus returns to the article being edited. It appears to be image-related, because I will attach another image to the same article, and the pop-up will appear for that image, but not the other one.

I have verified that the "source" view has the ATTACHMENT=CONFIG option around the attachment ID.

I have also switched back to the default theme, and the behavior persists.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you disabled all other products/modifications to see if you still have the same issue? Have you tried viewing the page using your webtools to see if a certain file is giving a 404 problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Elenna
      • Feb 2007
      • 4.2.X

I have not tried that yet, I will do that tonight - thanks! The "webtools", is that in the "no not upload" folder of the archive?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I am talking about using your browser webtools. I usually use firebug in firefox or just the built-in Chrome Developer Tools when using Chrome.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• tuncalik
          • Mar 2014

We also have vbulletin CMS 4.22 and with the same problem: Image Settings don't always show up (appears only on first double-click during editing). Furthermode, image settings don't work (image alignment, image size etc.)

Tunc

Comment

• tpearl5
            • Jul 2001
            • 4.2.X

having this issue as well - did anyone ever find a solution?

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
            Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

• CPOWA
              • Oct 2007
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by tpearl5
              having this issue as well - did anyone ever find a solution?
              Ah, I doubt it. I'm suddenly having the same problem. We're seriously looking into XenForo, which doesn't seem to have as many problems and does have a support staff who seems to care about their customers, as vb once did.
              Pelican Exterior Cleaning, Inc.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Can you give us a lnk as an example? Also, if you have ticket support under your license then you can raise a ticket as it is our priority support channel
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...