How Exactly Does AdSense Integration Work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicos
    • Mar 2002

How Exactly Does AdSense Integration Work?

I am trying to understand exactly what happens if I enable AdSense Integration in the member area.

I did a fresh install of vB4.2.2. Then I decided to enable the AdSense Integration to see how it worked before proceeding with site setup. I enabled it in the Member's Area and it told me to download and install the source code again...which I did.

So, am I correct in assuming that AdSense Integration modified some of the actual scripts?

Anyway, I later decided that I did not like it and wanted more control. I would just use the normal advertising manager to add Google ads where I wanted. So, I went back to Member's area and disassociated Google Adsense with my account, downloaded the code again, created a new database and uploaded/overwrote all of the source code and re-ran the installer.

Now in admincp, under Advertising I still Google Adsense and I can not remember if that was there the first time before I enabled AdSense Integration. When I click on it, it says:

"Your Google AdSense account is no longer associated with your vBulletin customer account. To redeploy Google AdSense, please associate a Google AdSense account in the vBulletin Members Area."

I want the system to be a fresh install like I had NEVER enabled Adsense Integration as I never plan to use it and do not want it staring me in the face.

Did I do something wrong, or is the Google AdSense option always available under Addvertising regardless of whether or not you ever enabled/disabled AdSense Intergration.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It does modify scripts. It inserts your publisher ID into one of the scripts. When you deploy via the AdminCP, that inserts the Adsense code into the places you told it to. It will add the publisher ID when the page is rendered.

To see if your Publisher ID is associated, you need to look in the member's area for the status.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment