X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n.stanley
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Nice section URLs

When creating a section, along with the name it's given - "Products", for example - it is given a unique reference number. So the URL for the "Products" section in vBulletin's CMS would be something like "www.somemadwebsite.com/content.php?189-products"

Now this is a perfectionist sort of issue... and I may be missing something important here... but I would have thought there would be a way to make the URL for this section look like "www.somemadwebsite.com/products" ?

Apologies if it's sacrilege here, but Wordpress has Pretty Permalinks. Does this or something similar exist for vBulletin? I realise forum threads in particular HAVE to have unique URLs, but for a CMS system, I would have thought an option to tidy up URLs in this manner would be available.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?
  • PossumX
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.1.x

Nice section URLs

Use Friendly URLs in admincp > settings, that is if you are using vB 4.x

Not exactly what you are looking for, but very close, and what is offered by the 4.x version of this product.

Comment

• n.stanley
      • May 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by PossumX
      Use Friendly URLs in admincp > settings, that is if you are using vB 4.x

Not exactly what you are looking for, but very close, and what is offered by the 4.x version of this product.
      Thanks for the reply. It is very close, but yeah, unfortunately not perfect.

I found this thread on vbseo.com - Removing the ID numbers from URLs in the CMS

Seems like what we want to do isn't possible. Friendly URLs may have to do, for the meantime.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...