Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anderow
    • Sep 2008
    • 4.1.x

I have exactly the same issue, whats the best way to remove the additional 'forums' from the URl please?

Comment

• anderow
      • Sep 2008
      • 4.1.x

Also, my install is also in /forum
      Are you saying use the main apache htaccess in the site root? or the forum directory?

eg
      mysite/forum
      or
      mysite

thanks

Comment

• mrsjanuary
        • Nov 2011
        • 4.1.x

bump!
        Originally posted by mrsjanuary
        Ohh ok I understand. So what should I change the .htaccess to so that it doesn't tell it to add "/forums" to the URLs? Do I just need to remove that line of code that refers to "/forums", or is there something else I need to do?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

I don't know that you can change the .htaccess for it. This isn't really the place to ask about how to modify your .htaccess file. You may want to ask over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. Most people put their forums in the root, instead of in /forum, and then they don't have this problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mrsjanuary
            • Nov 2011
            • 4.1.x

Ok I'll try puting it in the root instead. I appreciate your help.
            Originally posted by Lynne
            I don't know that you can change the .htaccess for it. This isn't really the place to ask about how to modify your .htaccess file. You may want to ask over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. Most people put their forums in the root, instead of in /forum, and then they don't have this problem.

Comment

• anderow
              • Sep 2008
              • 4.1.x

Well, thats hardly possible to change the site root on big established sites?? I have a CMS homepage. I dont want forums on my site root!!!!
              Are you saying you cant help on this bug, because the site needs to be installed in root for Vb to function correctly?!!

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

How is it a bug if it specifically says in the .htaccess to add /forum to the end of the URL when going to the forumdisplay.php page?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• mrsjanuary
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 4.1.x

I have moved the forum into the root of a subdomain, and I am still having issues with it adding "/forums" to the URL's. I am using the correct .htaccess file you told me to use, and I have removed the line that tells it to add "/forums" to the URL's, and it's still not working.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

URL: http://forum.mrsjanuary.com

Thank you!

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

If you have Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs selected, then it IS going to add /forums to the URL instead of forumdisplay.php The software is written to do that. If you don't want it to say /forums in there, then this is going to require modifying the .htaccess file and the code which is something you should ask about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...