X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Art Andrews
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Problems after disabling Facebook Connect

First, I have already read a previous thread on someone else having similar issues cleaning up after disabling Facebook connect, but there were no real answers in that thread, so hoping to get some here.

Because of how badly it slows down the site, we have disabled Facebook Connect after having it on for almost a year. We have over 5000 members who signed up through Facebook Connect and many of them are now having issues. Here is what we have found:
    • Forum user name and password are the same as their facebook account unless they entered something different when they linked the accounts.
    • User name retrieval and password reset process works (when entering correct profile email address).
    • Manually editing your password using "Edit Email & Password" does not work because the account is listed as "Facebook Connect - Yes" and the connector is no longer enabled.
    • If a member doesn't know their password, they can do a password reset, but they will not be able to change the temporary site generated password. We can not test if this changes when the account is no longer set as "Facebook Connect - Yes" because we can't remove that flag.
    What can we do to completely clean up and remove all traces of Facebook connections?
  • Art Andrews
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.0.x

So... no one else has done this?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

On your test site, after backing up the database, try setting user.logintype to vb for all users and see if that fixes the issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Art Andrews
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.0.x

Thanks, Lynne. Will give this a try and report back!

Originally posted by Lynne
        On your test site, after backing up the database, try setting user.logintype to vb for all users and see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...