X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ceho
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Smilie pop up window size

Hi, I couldn't find anything via search, so I wonder if it's possible to adjust the size of the pop up smilie windows of the two "More" links (under the smilie box right to the advanced editor and the one in the Quick Reply editor). In older versions you could set the sizes, since the addition of the "More" link to the Quick Reply smilie bit (which is a great addition by the way!) the pop ups open as full screen windows. That's a bit annoying tbh. Is there a way to define the sizes somehow and somewhere? Thanks a lot!
    sigpic
  • ceho
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.1.x

Does no-one know a trick or solution...?
    sigpic

Comment

• Erica
      • Dec 2009
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ceho
      Hi, I couldn't find anything via search, so I wonder if it's possible to adjust the size of the pop up smilie windows of the two "More" links (under the smilie box right to the advanced editor and the one in the Quick Reply editor). In older versions you could set the sizes, since the addition of the "More" link to the Quick Reply smilie bit (which is a great addition by the way!) the pop ups open as full screen windows. That's a bit annoying tbh. Is there a way to define the sizes somehow and somewhere? Thanks a lot!
      It's a bug post it here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13674

Comment

• ceho
        • Mar 2008
        • 4.1.x

Ah I overlooked that one. I hope this will be fixed soon as it's really annoying! Thanks Erica.
        sigpic

Comment

• Erica
          • Dec 2009
          • 4.1.x

Here's a Fix Thanks To PitchouneN64ngc In ./clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js, search:
          Code:
          smilie_window = openWindow(fetch_ajax_url('misc.php?' + SESSIONURL + 'do=getsmilies&editorid=' + this.editorid, width, height, 'smilie_window'));
          Replace with this:
          Code:
          smilie_window = openWindow(fetch_ajax_url('misc.php?' + SESSIONURL + 'do=getsmilies&editorid=' + this.editorid), width, height, 'smilie_window');
          I moved only 1 ')' to the right place

Comment

• ceho
            • Mar 2008
            • 4.1.x

Ooooh great, and it works perfect!! Thank you so much for adding this here ! And thanks to Yves for the quick fix !
            sigpic

Comment

• ceho
              • Mar 2008
              • 4.1.x

I don't get it... It's working in my test forum but on my live site it doesn't. The code is looking like this:

Code:
              smilie_window=openWindow(fetch_ajax_url("misc.php?"+SESSIONURL+"do=getsmilies&editorid="+this.editorid),B,A,"smilie_window");
              while in the line before (a default vbulletin_textedit.js) A and B seem to be defining the height and width of 480 and 440. I tried both an several browsers and it remains the same, test forum works, live site doesn't (same addons). Any ideas?
              sigpic

Comment

• ceho
                • Mar 2008
                • 4.1.x

Nope, it's an addon, when I disable all of them it works. *sigh*. Let's go addon hunting ;-).
                sigpic

Comment

• Yves R.
                  vBulletin QA
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 5.6.X

Your live site is using minified javascript files, the code is not the same.

You can search:

Code:
                  smilie_window=openWindow(fetch_ajax_url("misc.php?"+SESSIONURL+"do=getsmilies&editorid="+this.editorid,B,A,"smilie_window"));
                  Replace by:

Code:
                  smilie_window=openWindow(fetch_ajax_url("misc.php?"+SESSIONURL+"do=getsmilies&editorid="+this.editorid),B,A,"smilie_window");

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• ceho
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 4.1.x

Thanks Yves, I used that code already (pls. see above). It's a problem with MaxCDN via vBSEO and not another addon. When I disable the CDN it works, when I enable it again it doesn't, although I purged clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js. It's probably not the best idea to disable the CDN because of the fix (or parts of it), nevertheless I'd really like to get your fix to run. Any tips for me ?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Yves R.
                      vBulletin QA
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 5.6.X

I don't have any other tip than waiting for vB 4.1.10.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• ceho
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 4.1.x

Okidoki, thanks a lot, much appreciated.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Falcon Capt
                          • May 2006
                          • 4.2.x

How do you edit a .js file?

Comment

• ceho
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 4.1.x

I use Adobe Dreamweaver.

By the way: after a few days it suddenly started to work fine, on all browsers. Looks like purging the files from the CDN wasn't enough and emptying/deleting all local browser stuff. It took a few days to update all kinds of caches. Whatever that means... ;-).
                            sigpic

Comment

• Falcon Capt
                              • May 2006
                              • 4.2.x

Any update on where to change the default (or at least set minimum) dimensions for the pop-up smilie box???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...