X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benjester
    • Jun 2012
    • 4.2.X

Error - no changes were made to the site

I'm trying to piece this together, but my site is no longer loading...

I am running 4.2.
    No changes have been made to the site in months... although a lot of my files now say modified 12/17 at 2:09 AM. No one did anything though.

The error: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fi() (previously declared in /home/<user>/public_html/forum/showthread.php(1) : eval()'d code(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code:1) in /home/<user>/public_html/forum/global.php(1) : eval()'d code(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1

I don't even know where to go with this. Any assistance would be helpful.
  • Josh Leininger
    • Oct 2012
    • 4.2.X

I am getting the same type of errors.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

If the files were modified and you didn't do it you should contact your host to see if they have an explanation- this would be a serious issue if someone unathorized has access to your files.

I would re-upload a fresh set of the the vBulletin files- download the exact version you are using from the Member's Area and re-upload all file like you were doing an upgrade, except do not upload the /install/ directory- it should not exist on your server either.

Comment

• MNbiker
        • Jan 2003

I'm getting EXACTLY the same error, and our site is down. Happened today. Using HostGator

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Another person with the same issue reports restoring a fresh set of vBulletin files fixed the issue for him.

Without more info it is hard to know if you were hacked or something else happened- but I would follow the instructions to clean up and secure your sites-

This guide is for what to do, after youÂ’ve been hacked, exploited, and or defaced. Step 1, Change everything: If you believe, or think your site has

Getting Started This guide is intended to be a starting point for helping to keep your site safe and secure in the long run. It is not a be-all, end-all guide

Comment

• MNbiker
            • Jan 2003

uploading all the files did the trick for me. Still have no idea what caused the problem, but will assume someone hacked the site, until proven otherwise.
            On a related note, does the base install of vB include Panjo? If not, someone installed it on our site. That was the only unwanted product/plug-in I found.

-Steve
            Last edited by MNbiker; Wed 18 Dec '13, 5:16pm.

Comment

• jdj
              • Jan 2009
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by MNbiker
              uploading all the files did the trick for me. Still have no idea what caused the problem, but will assume someone hacked the site, until proven otherwise.
              On a related note, does the base install of vB include Panjo? If not, someone installed it on our site. That was the only unwanted product/plug-in I found.

-Steve
              We don't use Panjo because we are suspicious of it; that's partly because we tried Vertical Response when it first got integrated into vBulletin before finally giving up on it and using MailChimp instead (MailChimp is much better in our experience). My suspicion is that integrating Panjo would result in you building Panjo's business rather than your own business. If you wanted to add classifieds I think dBTech have a mod that does this.

To the best of my knowledge the only way Panjo can be installed is if it is set to "enable" in AdminCP, Plugins and Products, Manage Products, Installed Products. So the base install of vB must include Panjo or you wouldn't just be able to enable it.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Hello,

Yes Panjo is installed by default with VB 4.2.2.

Yes you were likely hacked, The other customer found multiple rouge plugins in his Plugin Manager, at the top, under the vBulletin Product listing. By default vBulletin doesn't have any plugins for the vBulletin Product, if you have any they should be ones you manually added yourself. Check the code of all plugins and delete any you didn't create.

The other customer also found a fake bank website uploaded to his store_sitemap folder - You should go to Admin CP -> Maintiance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Check and delete any suspect files you cannot account for as being from a modification you authorized.

By the way the other thread is here- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ked-what-to-do

Comment

• MNbiker
                  • Jan 2003

Our site went down again last night, so I apparently missed something in the clean-up process. I'm guessing it's a rogue/corrupted plug-in, since I re-loaded all the vB files, changed passwords, etc.

Comment

• MNbiker
                    • Jan 2003

I think I found it. There's an init_startup plug-in loaded that loads subscriptions.php.

Comment

• Josh Leininger
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 4.2.X

I had to completely move servers. Everything is trash. My site was sending DDOS attacks to anyone that went to the site, and the all the files has Trojans.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

There are four steps to securing your site. If you don't do them all or you do them in the wrong order than you're still susceptible to being attacked again.

Close the hole... This has three subparts in this instance.
                        1. Delete your install folder
                        2. Review your admin users and delete any that don't belong. Don't ban them. Don't make them regular users. Delete them.
                        3. Close access to your AdminCP using .htaccess. Use either user authorization with a different username and password or IP address restrictions.
                        Fill the Hole... There are seven subparts in this instance.
                        1. Review your files for changes. You can do this under Maintenance -> Diagnostics.
                        2. Delete any Suspect Files.
                        3. Replace any files marked as "Does not contain expected contents"
                        4. Scan your plugins for malicious code (exec, base64, system, pass_thru, iframe are all suspect keywords). Delete any you find.
                        5. Repair any templates. Any templates that you don't have notes on changing, you need to revert. If you're using a custom style, it is best to delete your existing style and reimport from a fresh download.
                        6. Update your Addon Products.
                        7. Rebuild your datastores. You can use tools.php in the "do not upload" folder to do this. Upload it to your admincp directory, delete when done.
                        Secure the Hole
                        Parts of this were done by closing the hole but there are still things to do here.
                        1. Keep notes of all changes you make to the system - what templates and phrases you change, what files belong to which addons, what plugins do the addons install.
                        2. Consider using a separate Super Admin who has access to admin logs in the AdminCP. There should be only one Super Admin.
                        3. Create a lower permission Administrator for every day use.
                        4. Review your permissions in the system.
                        5. Block off access to the includes, modcp, packages and vb folders via .htaccess. Deny All can work here, unless you use the ModCP. You need user authorization there.
                        6. Move your attachments outside the forum root directory.
                        7. Create a complete backup of your site. Make database backups weekly.
                        Vigilance
                        You need to keep active on the security of the site.
                        1. Give out the fewest permissions necessary for anyone to do their job
                        2. Make sure your hosting provider updates the software.
                        3. Update to the latest vBulletin when it is released.
                        4. Make sure your addons are always up to date.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                          • Sep 2008

Please see my post here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...31#post4012531

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Sempoi
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 4.2.X

i got the same error here i think vbulletin file has problem with that..

i got this error this afternoon yesterdays.. try to disable global mod - nothing happen so i redownload new vb file and replace all of that. so try to refresh, site is live without no problem on that.. but

Comment

• panjo
                              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by jdj
                              We don't use Panjo because we are suspicious of it; that's partly because we tried Vertical Response when it first got integrated into vBulletin before finally giving up on it and using MailChimp instead (MailChimp is much better in our experience). My suspicion is that integrating Panjo would result in you building Panjo's business rather than your own business.
                              Yes, certainly by using Panjo you would build the Panjo business. But... by using MailChimp, don't you build the MailChimp business? :-) Panjo is the in the business of helping improve the experience and security for buyers and sellers in forums. Panjo helps forum owners generate revenue and reduce the administrative burden of maintaining a vibrant marketplace. Through our mobile app, web site, and social media outlets, we work to drive traffic to our partners. You can check out Panjo's new iOS app and browse forum classifieds on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
                              Panjo classifieds plugin for vBulletin

Comment