Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djmac
    • Sep 2001

Errors

I know there is a topic on this but I can't find it. When ever I post an article I get the following errors. It's been around awhile now so I am sure someone has a fix.

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Thank you in Advance
    Stress: The overwhelming desire to choke the s*@t out of someone.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Presuming you have updated to 4.2.2 after Nov 1st you need to:

Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
    PHP Code:
      define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 

Comment

• djmac
      • Sep 2001

Presuming you have updated to 4.2.2 after Nov 1st you need to:

Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
      PHP Code:
       define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 

I guess it's not my day. I added what you posted and it didn't work. I took out the STATEMENT and now I get this when I try to open the site:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /home/wildflec/public_html/includes/config.php on line 2
      Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.
      I goofed some place.

Don

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

Can you post the first few lines of your config.php so we can see if there is a mistake.

Comment

• djmac
          • Sep 2001

Originally posted by donald1234
          Can you post the first few lines of your config.php so we can see if there is a mistake.
          Let me ask you if the config.php is the one in the includes directory correct? if it is this is what it is. I have looked at this a thousand times and I can only say "I am getting to old for this" and I know this file is not right. But anyway here it is. Don't laugh

<?php
          /*======================================================================*\
          || #################################################################### ||
          || # vBulletin 4.2.0 Patch Level 3
          || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
          || # All PHP code in this file is
          I am running v4.2.2. Is there a way too recreate the config file or should I take "config.php.new" and fill in the blanks?

Thanks
          Don
          Last edited by djmac; Wed 18 Dec '13, 3:33pm.

Comment

• donald1234
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.1.x

Is your forum working after you removed the above code. It should have looked like this.

PHP Code:
            <?php
            define
            ('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true);

Comment

• djmac
              • Sep 2001

When I did add the code the system failed. So I took it out and now I can get into the site. I get this when I do try.

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /home/wildflec/public_html/includes/config.php on line 2
              Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.
              The last part of the error says " Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new." how do I do that? or do I just fill in the blanks.

I left you a private message did you read it?

Don

Comment

• djmac
                • Sep 2001

I see now what I have to do. I need to fill out config.php.new and rename it to config.php That's the fix. I'll let you know what happens. ( I read the FAQ's. LOL) Thanks again Don Have a great day and stay safe.

Comment

• donald1234
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 4.1.x

It must be the 4.2.0 config.php that is different as mine is working fine with a 4.2.1 config.php

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

It was probably the text editor used adding hidden characters to the file. Windows Notepad is notorious for this. A free alternative like Notepad++ should be used in Windows,

Comment

• djmac
                      • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Joe D.
                      It was probably the text editor used adding hidden characters to the file. Windows Notepad is notorious for this. A free alternative like Notepad++ should be used in Windows,
                      How do I tell if the cpanel editor is adding hidden characters? I don't use cpanel edit as a rule. I did however use it to insert and remove the define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);" I use EditPad Pro. Been using it for years. What is odd is when I access cpanel and go to files and select config.php.new and select view I see the whole file when I select edit I only see what is posted in post #5 above in this forum. What I have to do cut and paste the config.php.new to editpad and create a new config.php.correct? If there is a better way I surely can use it.

Thanks Much
                      Don

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

I'm not sure how cpanel editor works.

You should - on your local machine with EditPad Pro- open config.php.new, make changes so it matches your old config.php values, then save the file as config.php and upload it to your server.

Comment

• djmac
                          • Sep 2001

I did that Joe. I rebuilt my Config.php and added the following to the top of the config file:

<?php
                          define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
                          || #################################################################### ||
                          || # vBulletin 4.2.2
                          The site is back up and running BUT! I still get the errors after I write an article and save to publish:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

I see you have ticket support, please open a ticket- include FTP details and Admin CP login details in the sensitive data potion of the ticket. Mention you already have the skip all errors line in config.php.

A support ticket can be opened in the Member's Area.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...