Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Webbstre
    • Nov 2009

Moving Servers, can no longer log in to Admincp

Hey all. I've done some searches on this, but unfortunately no one else who has had this problem had an answer that helped me. I'm moving from a dedicated server to a Cloud VPS, using WHM/cPanel for the first time, and finally finished setting up everything from PHP to XCache... but now I can no longer log in to admincp. Whenever I try it says
    The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.
    I've tried disabling all hooks, but nothing changed. I'm using vBulletin 4.2.0, but don't think I can upgrade until this problem is resolved.

In similar posts people posted their php info, so here is mine, in case it helps point out a setting that's off:

EDIT: I raised a few values in my php info, so that problem is now gone, and I can move on to new errors. These are the new values:
    max_execution_time 1200 1200
    max_input_time 2400 2400
    memory_limit 512M 512M
    post_max_size 256 256
    upload_max_filesize 128M 128M
    All of these values are double what they were when the error was occurring.

Edit 2: The "new errors" were apparently caused by an incorrect php configuration from one of the times I recompiled hoping to fix this. Once I reverted to a different configuration the problem came back, despite the changed php.ini values listed above.

Final Edit: The problem has been discovered: I left the M off on post_max_size so it was calculating in bytes. The above value SHOULD have been 256M.
    Last edited by Webbstre; Sun 22 Dec '13, 3:20pm.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Could be due to your datastore needing cleared, have a look here.

Comment

• rhens
      • Sep 2012

you may not be able to...but now every hacker on the planet can....(smh)

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

You say you can't log into the Admin CP- do ANY pages work? The error looks like it would be some sort of configuration error and I'd guess nothing is really working in that case?

Comment

• Webbstre
          • Nov 2009

Here's an update, in addition to the edits to the original post: I thought I fixed the problem and had moved on to a new error, but in reality the new error was just preventing me from reaching the "The file(s) uploaded were too large to process." message. I have removed most of the phpinfo from above. Additionally, I currently have all caching turned off and all hooks/plugins disabled. I cannot log in normally or to admincp without the above message. I cannot make any posts, but I can use the search functionality.

For the datastore thing above, is there a way to refresh/clear it without having access to admincp, such as through phpmyadmin?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

To refresh the datastore you need to upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder of the original vBulletin install package. Upload it to your admincp directory. Note- for tools.php to work you must also upload your /install/ directory but delete install.php and upgrade.php while you use tools.php.

When done with tools remove the /install/ directory completely.

In tools use the link to refresh the options cache - that will refresh the datastore.

To get to tools.php manually enter the url in your browser.

Comment

• Webbstre
              • Nov 2009

Ok, I've gone in and reset all the caches, checked and repaired all of my tables... and the problem remains. :/ XCache and plugins are still all turned off. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Since it is a server error, have you asked your host about it?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Webbstre
                  • Nov 2009

It's not a server error, it's a vbulletin-specific error. I try to log in, and it says "The file(s) uploaded were too large to process." despite not uploading anything. There are several other people who have posted the same problem on these forums, but no one has posted a solution. Plus if you google the phrase, ONLY vBulletin sites come up as a result.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Webbstre, I learn something new every day- I did a full search of the vBulletin source code and did indeed find "The file(s) uploaded were too large to process." is an obscure error message in init.php.

The code triggering it is this-

Code:
                        if (empty($_POST) AND isset($_SERVER['CONTENT_LENGTH']) AND $_SERVER['CONTENT_LENGTH'] > 0)
                        {
                            die('The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.');
                        }
                    Unfortunately I don't have an immediate answer why you are having an issue, it does appear to be some reason why $_POST is empty on your server, but I will try to get you a better answer.

Comment

• Webbstre
                      • Nov 2009

Thank you for looking into it
                      Right now I'm trying to basically start the whole process over, from recompiling php to turning off all datastore options and clearing the caches before backing up and moving over. Maybe I'll get lucky and the error will go away once the current attempt is finished. Either way I appreciate suggestions!

Edit: Nope, same error still
                      Last edited by Webbstre; Sat 14 Dec '13, 4:19pm.

Comment

• Webbstre
                        • Nov 2009

Could this be related? I was checking in myphpadmin and found the check and repair database buttons two tables do not show up as OK:

[databasename.cpsession] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support check
                        [databasename.session] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support check
                        [databasename.cpsession] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
                        [databasename.session] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
                        I should note that the error in question appear during the login process (regular or admincp) AFTER the login is successful and the redirect page shows up.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Those tables are normally like that, and it has nothing to do with the other issues.

Does your webhost have mod_security, suhosin, or another security application on the server?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

The code is a "sanity check" it is really checking for a situation that should never be possible- you should never have a content_length without a POST value because it is only set by POST requests.

It must be some way the server is setup causing this issue.

If you find the line
                            Code:
                            In your init.php file and "comment it out" (AKA- change it to)

Code:
                            //die('The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.');
                            What happens?

Comment

• Webbstre
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                              Those tables are normally like that, and it has nothing to do with the other issues.

Does your webhost have mod_security, suhosin, or another security application on the server?
                              Those two specifically, no. I believe I tried compiling PHP with them before and I ran into other problems and a search recommended not implementing them into php with vbulletin. If you have recommendations I can recompile it any way you suggest, as the new server I'm trying to move to isn't live yet.

Originally posted by Joe D.
                              The code is a "sanity check" it is really checking for a situation that should never be possible- you should never have a content_length without a POST value because it is only set by POST requests.

It must be some way the server is setup causing this issue.

If you find the line
                              Code:
                              In your init.php file and "comment it out" (AKA- change it to)

Code:
                              //die('The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.');
                              What happens?
                              I get to a vbulletin error page that says the following:
                              Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
                              Last edited by Webbstre; Mon 16 Dec '13, 12:42pm.

Comment