X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edyy
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.x

[CMS] Changing the landing page

I have a little problem , I have my site configured like that CMS in root and the forum in forum subfolder at forum.site.com , after the update some of my settings have changed and now when I go to forum.site.com the site loads the CMS part I have setup in admincp the landing page to be forum ( meaning forum.php ) but it sill loads the cms page with the adress forum.site.com. I hope you can understand what I mean. Thanks
    GAMES AREA & COMPUTER GAMES
  • Jesh
    • Aug 2009

I am having this problem too in 4.1.8. Even after commenting and uncommenting the correct lines in index.php like I've done several times in the past, the landing page still keeps going to content.php

Anyone have any ideas?
    Coin Collecting Forums
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Wiki (In the Works)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Post the content of your index.php file inside code tags please.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jesh
        • Aug 2009

<?php
        /*======================================================================*\
        || #################################################################### ||
        || # vBulletin 4.1.8 - Licence Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
        || # Copyright ©2000-2011 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. ||
        || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
        || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
        || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
        || #################################################################### ||
        \*======================================================================*/

/**
        * If you want to move this file to the root of your website, change this
        * line to your vBulletin directory and uncomment it (delete the //).
        * For example, if vBulletin is installed in '/forum' the line should
        * state:
        * define('VB_RELATIVE_PATH', 'forum');
        * Note: You may need to change the cookie path of your vBulletin
        * installation to enable your users to log in at the root of your website.
        * If you move this file to the root of your website then you should ensure
        * the cookie path is set to '/'.
        * See 'Admin Control Panel
        * ->Cookies and HTTP Header Options
        * ->Path to Save Cookies
        */

//define('VB_RELATIVE_PATH', 'forums');

// Do not edit.
        if (defined('VB_RELATIVE_PATH'))
        {
        chdir('./' . VB_RELATIVE_PATH);
        }

/**
        * You can choose the default script here. Uncomment the appropriate line
        * to set the default script. Note: Only uncomment one of these, you must
        * add // to comment out the script(s) that you DO NOT want to use as your
        * default script.
        * You can choose the default script even if you do not plan to move this
        * file to the root of your website.
        */

/**
        * Use the CMS as the default script:
        *///

//require('content.php');

/**
        * Use the forum as the default script:
        */

require('forum.php');

/*======================================================================*\
        || ####################################################################
        || # Downloaded: 10:03, Wed Nov 23rd 2011
        || # CVS: $RCSfile$ - $Revision: 31201 $
        || ####################################################################
        \*======================================================================*/
        Coin Collecting Forums

Comment

• Jesh
          • Aug 2009

I can't find any reason this shouldn't be working. I upgraded like I always do, changed the lines, and restarted Apache for good measure. Still doesn't work?
          Coin Collecting Forums

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Jesh, when I go to the forum in your signature - http://www.coinforums.com/ - I go to the forums page, not the cms.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...