X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] WYSIWYG missing

I have seen a couple post on this but none of which would resolve the problem I am having.

I upgraded to the most recent VB 4.1.8 and now my WYSIWYG is missing in my CMS and in my forum.

My Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options Modern Mobile Browser and Old Mobile Browser to None.

Does anyone else have anymore suggestions.
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

I have tried a few other things without any success.

I disabled hooks.
    Re-uploaded my editor.css
    I disabled all products and plugins.

Comment

• Fungsten
      • Apr 2006

What's funny is that same thing happened to me and I went to something else for 24 hrs and the WYSIWYG came back. Not saying it's going to happen to you but things like that have happened to me.

Comment

• attroll
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

This has been going on for more than a couple of days.

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Here is a followup to what I did step by step and what we found that fixed the problem.

Here was what I stater out doing as I saw posted in other threads on this same issue.

My Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options Modern Mobile Browser and Old Mobile Browser to None.
          I disabled hooks
          Disabled all plugins
          Re-uploaded my editor.css to the following locations
          clientscript\yui\assets\skins\sam
          clientscript\ckeditor\skins\kama
          I disabled all products and plugins
          Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls
          Settings -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface
          I have even re-uploaded all the 4.1.8 files a couple of times
          None of this fixed the problem.

My ckeditor.php file is returning an internal server error, for some reason.

I realized that I uploaded the file as root.
          I went and changed the ownership of the file to the proper owner.

It's working fine now.

Comment

• Bossland
            • Jan 2010

what do you exactly mean by that ?

I went and changed the ownership of the file to the proper owner.

Comment

• attroll
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.2.X

Let me try to explain this. I have root access to my server because I am the owner. I FTPed the files as root by mistake. When most people FTP files to there server they FTP them under the login name that they log into the server with. This is the name that was created when you created the domain on the server, not the name root. When I FTPed the files while I was logged in as root it assigned the owner of the files as root. I should have logged in under the user that has owns that domain. If your not logging in as root you should be fine.

You should be logging in under the owner. The owner is the name that is the prefix on your database name. For example, if you database name is "rick_forums" then the owner of the file should be "rick" and you should be logging in and FTPing the files to your server as "rick".

I hope this makes some sense to you. I tried to make this simple without going into server language.

Comment