X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitey10tc
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Combining two sites?

OK, I have two vb licenses and two forums. I have managed to merge the two and it now appears like this
    1 site with 8 categories
    categories 1-7 from site a and #8 from site b.

Now here's the question how can I have the category #8 from site b appear as it's own forum, including the url. I figured out the skin part, but still stumped on the url. Essentially I want it to appear as though it is an entirely different site but sharing the same db. Running 4.1.7 I did mention I have 2 licenses. So please don't tell me that!
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com
  • whitey10tc
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.0.x

Bump, any suggestions?
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• Darakir
      • Feb 2010

I would set up the other forum in a separate installation, then change category 8 to be an external link to that forum. Would be easy enough, am I missing anything?

Comment

• whitey10tc
        • Jan 2011
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Darakir
        I would set up the other forum in a separate installation, then change category 8 to be an external link to that forum. Would be easy enough, am I missing anything?
        That's how we tried it, but it requires members from site a to register on site b. Now if there was an easy way to share databases that would be the easiest way.
        www.cdmagurus.com
        www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• marinelife
          • Oct 2008

Can I ask how you combined them. I need to do this as well

Comment

• whitey10tc
            • Jan 2011
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by marinelife
            Can I ask how you combined them. I need to do this as well
            We let our host due it. But I believe they took both sites and merged them to another forum software and then back to the vb. Over all vb doesn't seem to be setup to merge multiple forums, or even run multiple forums.

Our goal is to have the two site work as one with one database but two separate urls. Which may be possible with some htaccess re-writes.
            www.cdmagurus.com
            www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...