• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K!nG
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.2.X

MySQL Database Error

Hello Everyone,

About last month i upgraded to latest version of VB4 and after that i start getting this error message 3-4 times a week. I didn't have this issue with older version. Here is the database error that i am getting so if anyone can help me to fix this, will be appreciated.

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM userregcode WHERE userregemail = 'bennett_l'[email protected]'; MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[email protected]'' at line 1 Error Number : 1064 Request Date : Friday, November 29th 2013 @ 05:21:32 AM Error Date : Friday, November 29th 2013 @ 05:21:33 AM Script : http://www.mysite.com/register.php Referrer : http://www.mysite.com/register.php?s=fd94f4c3b742f40561e4d541540aa967 IP Address : 5.3x.xx.xx Username : Unregistered Classname : vB_Database MySQL Version : Thanks in advance.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

There is no table called userregcode in default vbulletin. Your error is from a modification.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• K!nG
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.2.X

Hi Lynne,

Is there anyway you can tell/help me finding which modification it is.... Since it happens randomly so even if i disable all modifications one by one and enable them same way i doubt i will be able to figure out. Any way i can possibly find out which one it is ?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I'm guessing its an addon that deals with registration. Start disabling your addons one by one until you stop getting the errors.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

This was from the Verify Email Before Registration mod that was recently quarantined, then fixed by the author - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=294164

Be sure you run the latest version.

Comment

• K!nG
            • Nov 2010
            • 4.2.X

Thanks Joe D ... I had a feeling, but u confirmed it. I will update it.

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...