X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolbreeze86
    • Apr 2013
    • 4.2.X

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2

Receiving thousands of errors through mails, after sometime site is loading properly what will be error. how can i clear it
    ​Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/xxxx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 317

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Friday, November 22nd 2013 @ 10:15:08 AM
    Error Date : Friday, November 22nd 2013 @ 10:15:08 AM
    Script : www.xxx.com
    Referrer : www.xxx.com
    IP Address :
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

• wda2015
    • May 2001

what PHP & mySQL are you on?. also what is the error number would help.
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• coolbreeze86
      • Apr 2013
      • 4.2.X

Hi thanks for extending your hands to help me.

PHP Version 5.2.17
      MySql version is MySQL 5.0.96

MySQL Error & Error Number was empty only.

Comment

• wda2015
        • May 2001

if you look at source of web page it should show you the error number, and you also need to upgrade PHP to 5.3.**
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• coolbreeze86
          • Apr 2013
          • 4.2.X

Ok. thanks for your suggestion, sure will try upgrading and see whether the problem persists.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

"Can't connect to local MySQL server"

It's a server issue, you need to speak to your host about this.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• coolbreeze86
              • Apr 2013
              • 4.2.X

Yeah i talked with them. They don't know how to solve this issue. They asked me how to reproduced the error again. I said i don't know. But after getting the error i again reported to them. But they don't know how to solve this issue.

Now asked them to upgrade php version and waiting.

Comment

• coolbreeze86
                • Apr 2013
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by WEBDosser
                if you look at source of web page it should show you the error number, and you also need to upgrade PHP to 5.3.**
                next time when i am receiving the error i will look it and update here.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

It's definitely the server. I'm not sure why they are looking at upgrading php, it's nothing to do with that.

If you've got a host that's baffled by a "Can't connect to local MySQL server" error then it's probably time to look for a new host.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• coolbreeze86
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 4.2.X

I have a doubt, in my config.php file i have the following

$config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'localhost';
                    $config['MasterServer']['port'] = 3306;

Is this is correct? or do i need to change to the IP addresses for MySQL connection.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by coolbreeze86
                      I have a doubt, in my config.php file i have the following

$config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'localhost';
                      $config['MasterServer']['port'] = 3306;

Is this is correct? or do i need to change to the IP addresses for MySQL connection.
                      You'd have to ask your host this, but if it was working before it's unlikely to have changed.

There really isn't much we can advise here....as stated, it's a server error, not a vBulletin error.....you need to speak to your hosts.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• DemOnstar
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by coolbreeze86
                        Hi thanks for extending your hands to help me.
                        PHP Version 5.2.17
                        I thought 4.2.2 was an upgrade for PHP 4 something or other..
                        It goes higher?

Genuine question..

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by DemOnstar

I thought 4.2.2 was an upgrade for PHP 4 something or other..
                          It goes higher?

Genuine question..
                          4.2.2 adds php 5.4 compatibility to vB4. It doesn't mean that ONLY php 5.4 will work.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------

Comment

• coolbreeze86
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 4.2.X

hi,
                            Here is my.cnf files

Code:
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px][mysqld][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]skip-networking[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]log-slow-queries[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]safe-show-database[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]local-infile = 0[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]connect_timeout=35[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]interactive_timeout=100[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]join_buffer_size=1M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]key_buffer=16M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]max_connections=500[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]max_delayed_threads=5[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]max_tmp_tables=4[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]query_cache_limit=1M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]query_cache_size=16M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]query_cache_type=1[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]read_buffer_size=1M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]read_rnd_buffer_size=1M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]sort_buffer_size=1M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]table_cache=256[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]thread_cache_size=44[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]thread_concurrency=2[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]tmp_table_size=16M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]wait_timeout=10800[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]max_allowed_packet=64M[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]open_files_limit=7480[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]#datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px][mysql.server][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]#user=mysql[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]#basedir=/usr/local/mysql[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px][client][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace][SIZE=11px]#socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            Is the commented last 4 lines need to be uncommented. I had read this in one of the posts. Whether this may solve the following error.
                            mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
                            /home/xxxx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 317

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

Hi

This is not something vBulletin can support you with. We are not server configuration experts.

You need to speak to your host about this problem.
                              MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...