• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolbreeze86
    • Apr 2013
    • 4.2.X

Hi,
    Here is the answer i got from hosting peoples,

The issue is that some of the tables for your main forum database are becoming corrupt. When a new query is run on these tables, they can cause issues in mysql including the "Mysql Server has gone away" error. This error means that a connection to mysql was open but when a query was run mysql didn't respond. I believe that the underlying problem is that the site is so heavily mysql driven that it is having a problem keeping up with the IO.

Your flex express server has SATA drives. You may want to consider changing your package so that your server is on hardware that includes SAS drives. This does not necessarily mean an upgrade as the Ultimate package, which is shared and comparable to a flex express runs on SAS drives.

Otherwise you'll need to index the tables on this database as much as possible to minimize the chance of the corruption occurring.

Let me try for the second option, Pls help me how to index the tables on the database.

Comment

• djbaxter
      • Aug 2006

Check that your password in /includes/config.php is correct.
      Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
      Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• coolbreeze86
        • Apr 2013
        • 4.2.X

if password is not correct then i should receive this error everytime know. I am getting the error randomly for some time after that i am not getting error, site is loading normally.

Comment

• coolbreeze86
          • Apr 2013
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by coolbreeze86
          Hi,
          Here is the answer i got from hosting peoples,

The issue is that some of the tables for your main forum database are becoming corrupt. When a new query is run on these tables, they can cause issues in mysql including the "Mysql Server has gone away" error. This error means that a connection to mysql was open but when a query was run mysql didn't respond. I believe that the underlying problem is that the site is so heavily mysql driven that it is having a problem keeping up with the IO.

Your flex express server has SATA drives. You may want to consider changing your package so that your server is on hardware that includes SAS drives. This does not necessarily mean an upgrade as the Ultimate package, which is shared and comparable to a flex express runs on SAS drives.

Otherwise you'll need to index the tables on this database as much as possible to minimize the chance of the corruption occurring.

Let me try for the second option, Pls help me how to index the tables on the database.
          Hi can anyone help on this, is indexing the tables really solves the problem or i need to change the hardware as they said on SAS drives. I am still receiving the errors.

Database error in vBulletin :
          mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
          /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 317

Comment

• donald1234
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.1.x

Your best chance is to wait for George L to answer your other thread in server config as he is the expert.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...