Various VB4 Questions/issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    also... fyi... I tried both the secure and unsecure links (https and http)

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    hey... makin progress... witha little tweaking... i got the feed to validate through the rss validator... so thats a start... but now it says it cant download files..

heres a few screenshots:

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    I certainly did... and the attachment is attached via the second (and reccomended by your manual) method.

You have two options for specifying your media file:
    1. You may upload your media file to your website, or another website, via ftp and link to it directly. To use this method, specify the complete URL in the Podcast URL that appears on the New Thread screen. You do not need to specify the filesize unless your are prompted to after submitting the thread. If you want your media file to appear in the thread to those that are viewing the thread via your forums, you will need to place the link within your post, such as Download: http://www.example.com/podcast.mp3 The handling of the media file will be handled automatically for those that view the podcast forum via RSS.
    2. The second option for specifying your media file is to use the vBulletin attachment system. You will be limited by the permissions of your usergroup. Only the first uploaded file will appear in the RSS feed as well. iTunes will not function with attachment uploads on IIS servers and some Apache servers. It is best to use the first method when possible.

above from your link:

but it is not visible when viewing the post. hmmm... this is where my issues are stemming from. any ideas?

hey, dont feel bad... this is my first time ever for anything to do with podcasts... not an IPOD fan but hey... it seems like a great way to deliver content.

I apologize if I came off a bit negative here in the beginning. I was VERY frustrated... I dont mean any ill will toward you guys and really appreiate the software you've devloped. It IS a powerful platform to have on a webserver... theres no doubt.

Cheers!

highdefseeds

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I don't see any attachment in your thread- the mp3 file needs to be attached and attachments must be downloadable to guests.

farmacyseeds.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, farmacyseeds.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Did you read the full list of instructions? Honestly pod casting doesn't come up very often so I had to look at this myself.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    btw, heres the link to my podcasts...

farmacyseeds.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, farmacyseeds.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    ok.... so its my mistake then eh?

so... about podcasting...

lets get that working and maybe I'll be less skeptical eh?

so... followed these instructions:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archi.../t-200599.html

and i cant get itunes to accept the link..

any ideas?

see post number 8 for error... from 7:15 am

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by dilbert
    I think it's deceiving to not make the vb5 forum public, at least for viewing. I suspect no one would purchase if they could see the customer forums.
    Originally posted by HighDefSeeds

totally agree btw... 100%

wouldnt have wasted my money.. coulda setup my shopping cart for 6 months for the extra$$$ I paid for something that doesn't really work.
    For the record,the VB5 Feedback and Support forums are public and always have been public to view. What was restricted was posting.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    I think it's deceiving to not make the vb5 forum public, at least for viewing. I suspect no one would purchase if they could see the customer forums.
    totally agree btw... 100%

wouldnt have wasted my money.. coulda setup my shopping cart for 6 months for the extra$$$ I paid for something that doesn't really work.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    well... theres another hour of my time...

VERY frustrating to have t go through all that to get help... why isnt that tied to the account? or the license?...

everyimte i try to get help from you guys.. I get more aggrevated than help...

so... now... about my issue..
    Last edited by HighDefSeeds; Fri 13 Dec '13, 5:53am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You're not showing up as licensed...you need to associate your forum account with your license in the member area before we can assist further.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    heres a snapshot of the error...

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    got it working... after much screwing around... an finally a fresh install of my entire server thanks to the WONDERFUL tools provided by RAPIDSSL which btw... is FAR from rapid...

now I'm trying to get podcasting working.. and it is a complete nightmare... the manual sepcifies VERY little in regards to this.. and after searching your forums and finding MANY different versions of how to implement this.. I am lost... and have lost 4 hours on this...

any ideas?

I've enabled RSS, Podcasting... and changed to UTF8... set the permissions for open, uploaded a test file... test posted it... it accepted it..

but itunes says it has a problem registering my feed... god damn this is frustrating!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As Zachery said you don't need to install anything to get either Mobile Apps or Forum Runner working on that version. Can you detail exactly what you're trying to do here?

To activate Forum Runner -
    Log into your AdminCP and enable the Forum Runner Product under Plugins & Products -> Manage Products.
    Log into your Member's Area and Click the Activate Forum Runner link. Follow the instructions on your screen.

Nothing needs to be imported or installed.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    So, first, it looks like you're trying to install the deprecated mobile style as a product. But the mobile style is not a product. Secondly, the mobile style premium is only for version of vBulletin on 4.1.6~ and lower. It is automatically part of 4.1.7 and newer, and in vBulletin 5 it is part of the main style.

The mobile suite itself, does not require you to install anything on 4.2.x or 5.x, If you're running vBulletin 3, you will need to install the mobile API plugin that you can download.

Leave a comment:

• dilbert
    replied

Leave a comment: