Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    thanks for the answer on that one.
    I have just downloaded the vb 4.2.3 package... I assume we upload the entire "upload" directory to it's appropriate location... is that all or are there other things to consider? I just dont want to take my board down when I upgrade. I noticed previous upgrades were pretty simple. As a precaution I am backing up my server first of course. Thanks for the advice
    Highdefseeds

btw... currently have 4.22 installed
    Last edited by HighDefSeeds; Mon 16 Nov '15, 3:09pm. Reason: added comment

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by HighDefSeeds
    got another question for ya...

on the old forum software 4.1.8 we used to have scalable reputation... we culd set points etc etc...

on 4.2.2 we cant seem to figure it out... any ideas? is it even possible? or is that feature removed in 4.2.2? thank you as always... really enjoying vbulletin now... thank you VB!!!
    User adjustable reputation was never an option in VB 4.x, so if you could choose how much rep to give that was definitely a modification, perhaps this one- same rules as above apply here as well - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=282647

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by HighDefSeeds
    heres one for ya... is there an easy way to exlude RSS feeds from the activity stream?
    Not a built in option. However if your RSS feeds all go into a special RSS Only forum then there is a mod to exclude specific forums from the activity stream - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303633

As always we do not provide any support for 3rd party mods, if you have questions with the mod you can ask in the thread on vBulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    hmmm... on the other forum... yes its posible... I'll ask the other admin.... if not... I wonder if I missed some wierd setting meno or something.. thanks... I'll get back to you...

how about my post number 56? any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Reputation has not changed in 4.2.2. at all.
    Did you perhaps have an add on that has broken with the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    got another question for ya...

on the old forum software 4.1.8 we used to have scalable reputation... we culd set points etc etc...

on 4.2.2 we cant seem to figure it out... any ideas? is it even possible? or is that feature removed in 4.2.2? thank you as always... really enjoying vbulletin now... thank you VB!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    bump...

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    heres one for ya... is there an easy way to exlude RSS feeds from the activity stream?

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    ahhh sweet! thank you!

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Ok then go to Options->Who's online options and the bottom two options should be set to no if you want to see IP's

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    yessir... its set as you said... strange right?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    There are no IP addresses there, check your "who's online" permissions for your usergroup in usergroup manager and make sure "can view IP addresses" is ticked.

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    heres a strange one... maybe you know why there is no ip listed for this user? Click image for larger version

Name:	noip.png
Views:	60
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	4017426

Leave a comment:

• HighDefSeeds
    replied
    indeed it is... yep.... sure enough... your new patch caused the problem... well not patch actually... explloit removal by file removal... anyone else with this issue since the new yahoo uploader info... this is the fix apparently... Click image for larger version

Name:	upload fixed.png
Views:	114
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4017370
    Last edited by HighDefSeeds; Wed 22 Jan '14, 4:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    That is the cure

Leave a comment: