• Nov 2013
    • 4.2.X

thank you so much! :thumbs:

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
      • Nov 2013
      • 4.2.X

Well, I have the site up and running... lovin VB at this point!! :thumbs:

So... I am now working in conjunction with a new group of people with the intent to collaborate on our websites. These guys are so stuck on "drupal"

So far, drupal hasn't impressed me much... I realize its very flexible... but seems like a lot of extra work.

I have to present to the head guy a comparison...

Do you have any videos that would help me iterate the simpkicity and ease with which VB is capable as compared to drupal.... or even some really great "selling points"

Doesn't have to be video... though i think that would be easiest for the head guy as he is basically computer illiterate.

cheers!

Highdefseeds - http://farmacyseeds.net

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

vBulletin is a forum that has a CMS/Articles system... Drupal is a full fledged CMS- they really aren't competing products so I am unaware of any direct comparisons. If this project is more CMS based than Forum Drupal may well be the better choice. If the purpose is to engage users and foster back and forth communication that a forum provides then it would seem a forum platform like VB4 is a no-brainer. Unfortunately it appears all the videos we have are for VB5 at this time.

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
          • Nov 2013
          • 4.2.X

thank you so much... this is a good comparison base for me to represent. Click image for larger version

Name:	internet-high-five small.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	4014139

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
            • Nov 2013
            • 4.2.X

ok... so in deeper thinking..

They are talking about database useage to keep membership subscription tracking and do update type stuff, update stuff like communicating as per mentioned above like VB4 or 5...

I know vb has the"subscriptions" setup... how hard is it to extract that data from the database for usage outside VB? (like for local databases)
            FYI: I am not very familiar with database usage or implementation. My first work with databases, actually, was installing VB.

Attached Files

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
              • Nov 2013
              • 4.2.X

Also... on my registration page... I cant seem to find the modifier for text color... cant see the text with that grey text color... which template and all for that? Click image for larger version

Name:	1-3-2014 4-18-07 AM.png
Views:	94
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	4014297

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Add this code to additional.css-

Code:
                [COLOR=#888888][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=12px][COLOR=#222222].formcontrols .blockrow label[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=12px] { color:red; }[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

That will change the grey text on the registration page.

As for extracting data from the database- as long as someone has database access they can easily pull info from the database itself, but vBulletin has no export tools to nicely print out subscription date. It will take some custom queries to extract a list of active subscriptions with subscription details and user info - it should be fairly easy for someone who knows/understands MySQL.

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 4.2.X

wonderful! again, I thank you! and thank you for the db advice... i will pass it along to the team.. another question... i know... it never ends... lol
                  When I type my user name and password and click Log In, in the upper right hand corner. I get this invalid link every time. I figure it is because the link is directing to http instead of https
                  one of my supers reported this issue... i had had it initially... but mustve done something that it doesnt show up to me. heres a pic as well Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	4014415

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 4.2.X

that code didnt seems to work...

I suspect I may have something else in that shouldnt be?

heres a copy of ALL the additional css code:

Edited... found and corrected issue.. :thumbs:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by HighDefSeeds; Mon 6 Jan '14, 7:13am.

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 4.2.X

ok.. well on a good nights sleep... i got the description color right now as well.. thank you as always..

cheers!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by HighDefSeeds
                        wonderful! again, I thank you! and thank you for the db advice... i will pass it along to the team.. another question... i know... it never ends... lol one of my supers reported this issue... i had had it initially... but mustve done something that it doesnt show up to me. heres a pic as well [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4014415[/ATTACH]
                        In Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details there is a Redirect Domain Whitelist box. You must list every domain (http or https included) that differs from the Forum URL at the top of that settings page,

So if your Forum URL is http://www.domain.com then on your redirect whitelist you should have https://www.domain.com and possibly https://domain.com as well if you may use the site without the www.

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 4.2.X

thanks again... hey.. having an issue with uploading images using the muli-ip[loader interface... any idea what might cause this? attached is a screensht of the one i mean. vb 4.2.2 Click image for larger version

Name:	1-14-2014 11-37-59 PM.png
Views:	162
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	4016150

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 4.2.X

I have a question about facebook tie-in. My concerns are, if I tie into facebook, how much access to server and VB data do they have? Can they get to data others would not normally be able to access?

I am considering the tie-in for publicity... but ant to insure my users data and privacy safety concerns are addressed over and above any easy advertising..

thanks as always

highdefseeds

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

What specific problem are you having with the uploader?

Facebook would be able to track some data about your users (if they use facebook or not, which users use your site). You'd want to read their privacy policies.

Comment

• HighDefSeeds
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 4.2.X

well, I cant seem to get the multi-file part to work... it doesnt even show a clickable link on the "select files" menu.. I have to go down to the right and click basic uploader... same in attachments... cant multi-file select... any idea what might be causing it?

thank you on the facebook stuff... I will read their "legalese" contract ha!

Comment