Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gox
    • Oct 2007

Broken Custom Avatar

Upon updating our Custom Avatar, the image link becomes broken when viewing Event Reminders (calendar.php?do=viewreminder).

VB appends a number to the end of Custom Avatar updates and removes the prior version, i.e. avatar48.gif becomes avatar48_1, avatar48_2, and so on (48 being the user number).

The calendar.php?do=viewreminder is trying to find the new avatar as follows: avatar_.gif (it looks like the script is not appending the revision number to the file name).

Please review and advise.
  • gox
    • Oct 2007

This is only occurring when using the file system storage type for avatars. When using the db storage type, the avatar updates displays as designed.

NOTE: All folder permissions on server for VB are set correctly and have been verified (i.e., attachments, avatars, etc.). This behavior appears to be a bug.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Does this occur with the default software and no custom modifications or third party addons?

Comment

• gox
        • Oct 2007

Yes, and to verify, we installed another copy of the latest build from scratch, same issue.

Comment

• gox
          • Oct 2007

When we switch the storage type back to DB, the avatar re-appears. When we switch the storage type back to the file system, the avatar image is broken per the above (i.e., when updating the avatar image following the initial upload).

Comment

• gox
            • Oct 2007

... any update Zachery?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Are you sure the image storage paths are correct, and all of the folders/subfolders are 777?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

I can see the same problem on my default installation. I wrote up a Jira for it here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15903

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gox
                  • Oct 2007

... thanks Lynn. Does that mean it's a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch release?

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

It means it is a bug, but there is no Fix Version listed. Also, bugs do not get fixed in patch releases unless they are security bugs. This bug would need to get fixed in a future version release.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gox
                      • Oct 2007

... thanks. I wasn't sure whether or not VB 4.x was EOL or not.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...