X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hunter Hillegas
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

Facebook Post Says VBB 4.x and 5.x Been Hacked

According to this Facebook post, a team of hackers have an exploit for vBulletin 4.x and 5.x that can not only give an attacker access to VBB but also the root account of the system itself?

Inj3ct0r Team hacked vBulletin.com and Macrumors.com Inj3ct0r Team hacked the big CMS vendor vBulletin.com We got shell , database and root server. We wanted to prove that nothing in this world is...

I saw the password reset for this site but I haven't seen any comment about this hack.

What's the story? Is this real? Are we all vulnerable?
  • PascM
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.2.X

Sounds like there's a problem here.

Comment

• FairladyZ
      • Feb 2005

I got the password reset email too....I actually forwarded it to [email protected], thinking it was a spoof, it seemed quite suspicious....especially since the URL to items in the email all came back to this domain: shopping.ibemail.com and not vbulletin.com.... They assured me the email was real.

Long live VB 3.8.xx....

Comment

• PascM
        • Feb 2011
        • 4.2.X

I think VB 3.8.xx has been hacked also!

Comment

• FairladyZ
          • Feb 2005

I have 2 forums running 3.8.x, both 90,000+ members, both are still alive and well.

Comment

• Hunter Hillegas
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.1.x

I sent my same query above to VBB support and got back a response saying that they don't currently think the FB post is accurate for users of the latest versions of the software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...