Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Upload pic box

On my localhost the box looks like this..

I would say that is normal.. On the test server it looks like this..

Do keep in mind that there are no mods involved. It is the default style and there is no additional.css..
    Getting to the bottom of this conundrum may well solve my attachment problems.

Thanks all..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DemOnstar; Fri 15 Nov '13, 12:38am.

• DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Any ideas on this?
    Last edited by DemOnstar; Fri 15 Nov '13, 3:30am.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Is your test server instal behind an htaccess?

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
        Is your test server instal behind an htaccess?
        Ha ha, yes, it is..
        Maybe you have something there?

I will check it out..
        What would I need to add or delete?

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

No .htaccess there, situation still the same..

On localhost the image uploaded becomes an image in the editor. On the test server, the image becomes an attachment number surrounded by attachment tags..
          Last edited by DemOnstar; Sun 17 Nov '13, 12:53am.

Comment

• DemOnstar
            • Nov 2012

I am still hanging on for this... But as ever and with other things, it just gets left behind..

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

On your test site, if you open the network tab when viewing a page (f12 in most modern browsers), what do the network requests look like?

Do you have anything besides 200?

Comment

• DemOnstar
                • Nov 2012

I upgraded to PHP 5.3.27 and now the story is slightly different..

It got stranger..

There are 2 admins 1, 2. Admin 1 still gets the collapsed pic box as in pic 2 above but has the ability to upload pics and they are seen within the editor..Admin 2 gets the full upload pic box (as in Pic 1) but cannot upload a picture to the editor i.e, the picture again has the surrounding attachment tags..

Also, to compound the issue further, the bottom row of the editor is unclickable for admin 2 but admin 1 has access to the rows and columns controls..

Bizarre..

I will get round to the Network Tab thing as soon as I figure that one out..I am using Firefox and F12 brings up Firebug and a screen of stuff that will take me a while to decipher...

Thanks for your patience...

Comment

• DemOnstar
                  • Nov 2012

I tried the network tab thing and I get 304 several times, particularly in the clientscript folder.

URL Method Result Type Received Taken Initiator Wait‎‎ Start‎‎ Request‎‎ Response‎‎ Cache read‎‎ Gap‎‎

/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js?v=421 GET 304 text/javascript 142 B < 1 ms <script>
                  /css.php?styleid=3&langid=1&d=1384957975&td=ltr&sheet=bbcode.css,editor.css,popupmenu.css,r eset-fonts.css,vbulletin.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css, GET 304 text/css 189 B < 1 ms <link rel="stylesheet">
                  /clientscript/sc_thumbs.js GET 304 text/javascript 141 B < 1 ms <script>
                  /css.php?styleid=3&langid=1&d=1384957975&td=ltr&sheet=additional.css GET 304 text/css 189 B < 1 ms <link rel="stylesheet">
                  /clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=421 GET 304 text/javascript 141 B < 1 ms <script>
                  /clientscript/yui/yuiloader-dom-event/yuiloader-dom-event.js?v=421 GET 304 text/javascript 142 B < 1 ms <script>
                  /clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js?v=421 GET 304 text/javascript 142 B < 1 ms <script>

Comment

• DemOnstar
                    • Nov 2012

This must be related.. Why are some attachments without the persons name?

Any idea?

Attached Files
                    Last edited by DemOnstar; Thu 21 Nov '13, 11:17pm.

Comment

• DemOnstar
                      • Nov 2012

Something else to look at.. 11 requests Not Modified, not sure what that means.

Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...