Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hunter22375
    • Mar 2008

[Forum] Browser errors after Tapatalk Update

OK. I am currently running vB Publishing Suite 4.2.1. I have always been using tapatalk as well so my members can use that app if they wish. Just a few days ago, I updated tapatalk to its latest version...which is as simple as replacing its directory folder and uploading the product allowing for rewrite. I have done this in the past with no issues and I don't believe tapatalk is the issue here either but I mention it because the issue only appears to occur on mobile devices such as phones and tablets.

The issue is this: After the Tapatalk update, many of my members have experienced errors when attempting to access the forum via both Tapatalk and by the devices browser (which includes android and safari) As I said above, the issue seems to only be happening on mobile devices. The errors received are mainly "a connection error has occurred" for android devices and "safari cannot open page - cannot decode raw data"

My tech guy has looked in the logs and sees no spikes...or anything else suggesting a server issue. Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Signature
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

The coincidence of the tapatalk update and the fact that the problems are limited to mobile devices would lead me to believe it is a tapatalk issue, have you talked to them about it?

Comment

• hunter22375
      • Mar 2008

I agree. I just had no other reason...it makes no sense. I have asked over at tapatalk. Thanks...just wanted to make sure nobody had an obvious answer.
      Signature

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...