4.2.2 Update caused some posting issues.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Well nothing really changed but error recording and some code changes for php 5.4 compatibility- further despite hundreds, maybe thousands of upgrades you are the only one reporting this issue. Whatever the problem it is not widespread or common. Just trying to make sure we are working fromthe same book. Why there would be a freeze with no php error is confusing. Please check the javascript consle in your browser, is an error reported there?

Comment

• Faded
      • Oct 2013
      • 4.2.X

I'm the only one reporting the issue to vbulletin, that is why you don't see many.
      Here are a couple:
      http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-Hangs-forever
      http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ply-with-quote

The first link, a post says the javascript is broken, so perhaps you are on to something with your comment.

From my Javascript Console API when I click quote shows the following:

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Unfortunately I am still unable to replicate the issue and do not yet have an answer. However if VB 4.2.1 was working fine for you I see that the upgrade to 4.2.2 was a very rare case where no database changes were made between versions- if you simply re-upload your 4.2.1 files over 4.2.2 you can "downgrade" with no loss of data and use 4.2.1 until a solution is found. Be sure to download a fresh copy of 4.2.1 so that you get the latest security patches included.

Comment

• stevectaylor
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

I note you are using Cloudflare, at a guess you have 'rocketloader' enabled which doesn't like ajax features. Try disabling it and try again
          Holiday Forum
          Motor Car Forum
          Political Forum
          Web Hosting Forum

Comment

• stevectaylor
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

And also when we had the issue we reverted templates which sorted all the problems out.
            Holiday Forum
            Motor Car Forum
            Political Forum
            Web Hosting Forum

Comment

• Faded
              • Oct 2013
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
              Unfortunately I am still unable to replicate the issue and do not yet have an answer. However if VB 4.2.1 was working fine for you I see that the upgrade to 4.2.2 was a very rare case where no database changes were made between versions- if you simply re-upload your 4.2.1 files over 4.2.2 you can "downgrade" with no loss of data and use 4.2.1 until a solution is found. Be sure to download a fresh copy of 4.2.1 so that you get the latest security patches included.
              Eh, that's not really a solution.. you're just telling me to go back to what worked =(

Comment

• Faded
                • Oct 2013
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by stevectaylor
                I note you are using Cloudflare, at a guess you have 'rocketloader' enabled which doesn't like ajax features. Try disabling it and try again
                I moved to cloudflare after this started happening. Was doing the same before. (plus that feature is already off)

Comment

• Faded
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 4.2.X

Well, I got it to one click and goto the advanced page like if I were to double click it, but It required me to disable quick reply..
                  So something between the quote and quick reply is preventing all this

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faded

Eh, that's not really a solution.. you're just telling me to go back to what worked =(
                    As I said "Until a solution is found" - it is of course your decision if you can live with the bug or not.

Comment

• George L
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • May 2000
                      • 3.8.x

Faded, had a quick look at your js files i.e. http://emudevs.com/clientscript/vbul...quick_reply.js and they aren't vB 4.2.2 defaults ? did you minify/compress them or something ? As I did a compare against vB 4.2.2 defaults and see differences exactly where you got your console errors at getElementsByTagName'

Code:
                      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null [URL="http://emudevs.com/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_reply.js?v=422"]vbulletin_quick_reply.js:1[/URL]
                      I checked a few other of your vB clientscript/*.js files and all the same with minor differences from default code. Might want to reupload the original js files and see

The below image using beyondcompare side by side comparison of your vbulletin_quick_reply.js file

left side your copy vs right side vB 4.2.2 stock copy

might want to go into admincp and do a suspect file check to ensure all files have expected contents as well
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Faded
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 4.2.X

That doesn't make any sense, that's not even the .js I've had in there. It's the default 4.2.2 vbulletin_quick_reply.js. Not sure
                        how you retrieved the left side copy, because that's not what is in there. I even re-uploaded the 4.2.2 version again and replaced.
                        Was the same exact file, same size.

I also tried to upload the 4.2.1 version, didn't help. I also did a suspect files under diagnostics and all is well.

Thank you for your reply, it's the most legitimate response I've had so far that targets my issue directly instead of beating around the bush.

Comment

• George L
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • May 2000
                          • 3.8.x

i accessed your js file via browser http://emudevs.com/clientscript/vbul...quick_reply.js - it could be cloudflare at play minifying and compressing on the fly so it differs from what you upload ?
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Faded
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 4.2.X

I'm not sure, I'll just remove my site from Cloudflare all together. May as well see if it's directly causing the issue or not.
                            Will let you know what happens after everything delegates back to my original nameservers.

Comment

• Faded
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 4.2.X

Well I was able to 'pause' cloudflare on the site and only allow the DNS traffic with no cloudflare benefits. Same issues.
                              I should point out that this was happening before I even added cloudflare. But your compression suggestion was a good thought to try.

Comment

• a_badr
                                • Jul 2004

Do you have a Separate Sticky and Normal Threads Products ?
                                If the answer is yes, as well as try to disable

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...