Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xony
    • Mar 2005

problem deleting vBSEO

After uninstalling vBSEO urls do not work properly, I have to make changes to the htaccess to fix it, but not to put, I wanted to use the mod rewrite friendly url vbulletin Thanks, attached my settings vBSEO url. Let's see if someone can help me please. vbseo_urls.xml
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

You can use the vbulletin mod rewrite by uploading the .htacces file in the "do not upload" folder but all your indexed vbseo urls will still be broken!

Comment

• xony
      • Mar 2005

Yes, but there is no way to rewrite the broken url in htaccess to redirect to the new url?, Thanks.

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

The general consensus is that it can not be done, someone in this thread claims it can but is not sharing with us how it's done.

I stopped using VBSEO some time ago, but I'd left it disabled. Some time later I uninstalled it. I noticed that many files were left that were reported from the file versions too in diagnostics, so I went

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Someone recently grabbed a cache of the old vBSEO instructions for uninstallation, it includes some rewrite tips at the bottom.

Note: we do not support or reccommend any third party instructions. use at your own risk.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• FreshFroot_
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

One reason why I don't get why someone would Uninstall vBSEO without having a backup plan ready?

Now google will try to index all your NEW urls... and then you will revert back to the OLD again. Which means google has to re-index AGAIN...

Comment

• xony
              • Mar 2005

After uninstalling and watch began to fail the topic of the url, I installed it again, it works all right, but I guess eventually stop working or worse, it will be an easy target for hackers. For the lack of updates.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.8.x

How will it stop working? as for hackers, if we know the vulnerability, we can PATCH it ourselves.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...