X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

[Forum] Users not logged in until they click to another page

Consistent login problems - It has been happening for well over a year and all suggestions I've read haven't helped. I've seen this on other sites too. If you login, you're still not logged in. However if you move to another forum or another page in vBulletin, then it acknowledges the login. Refreshing the same page doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas why this happens and a possible remedy?
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Apop ne? I can't imagine that I am the only one with this problem or has had this problem. I wonder whether it has something to do with setup and cookies. Whatever the case, it has to be fixed. The backend seems to be set up perfectly. But if I recall correctly, the only change that I made was with regard to the index.php so that the forums could be in the forums directory of the root.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Do you allow users to view the site via both www.site.com and just site.com? If so, what is your cookie domain?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• slinky
        • Mar 2001
        • 1.1.x

Thanks much Lynne. Good question. I used to have a 301 redirect from non-www to www but removed it. Now both can access the forum although the issue occurs whether or not users are using www properly. I've had this issue numerous times myself. It was odd. I noticed it happening on some other forums as well.

Comment

• wda2015
          • May 2001

You have cleared the cookies from your browser right?.
          Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• slinky
            • Mar 2001
            • 1.1.x

So first of all, my cookie domain setting is: "default - blank. Not using the ".mysite.com" which is an option.

Cookies are cleared from the browser. Sometimes I'll wipe all the cookies out and it will still happen occasionally. I'll login and then I'll not be logged in. One other time I logged in and then found myself logged out moving to another page. Was very strange. But consistently the problem is login and not be logged in. Move to other pages and then something jiggers into place.

Thanks for the responses, apologies on the delay. vBulletin wouldn't let me reply for a day.

Comment